Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It reminds me of the job Franklin did at Vandy, getting all those 2-stars competing in the SEC. . . except I actually like Heupel & our boys, and there isn't a ceiling at UT.
Franklin is a good to lower level great coach but things just happened to work out for him that every team on the east side had terrible coaches there. Otherwise, he'd be at a lower level Big Ten school now.

I always think that Tennessee will win before the game starts. Otherwise, I don’t think I would watch. Unfortunately, over the last 15 years, I have been wrong more than right. During pruitt’s reign of terror, I actually knew that we were gonna lose before the game started. 😐 Awful feeling to have no faith in my Volunteers. That all changed the second pruitt and company were fired.

I am back baby! I see a glorious Orange future for our Volunteer football team. 🤠

I know what you mean. I always want UT to win every game but logic tells me that we don't have the personnel to run with the big dogs for 4 quarters. There's no drop off when Georgia subs and there's a huge drop off when we sub. I have no doubt that we're gonna catch up but I'm also a realist and know that's gonna take some time. I also believe we have a portion of our fan base that want's that to happen right now and that's just not possible with the recruiting constraints in place by the NCAA. That's just the way I look at it from 10,000 feet :cool::cool:

Was thinking about recruiting this AM, and was wondering why we don't do a full court press on the 2 5*'s committed to UNC? Just being honest, UNC has struggled this year, Mack Brown is an older coach, and they're most likely losing Sam Howell with no obvious heir apparent. Tennessee is a team on the rise. We have a young coach and we've overachieved expectations this year. Not saying they would definitely listen, but if I were our coaches, I'd be talking to Travis Shaw and Zach Rice. Both would very much fill a need.

I think that Sunday/Monday are the worst days, and it's fairly normal the rest of the week. I have noticed it get better from where it was earlier in the season. Our emotions largely sway on @Bassmaster_Vol's. Me...I just stay off the forums in large part until Tuesday.
I'm not sure if I should feel insulted that you didn't mention me or not...

For everyone that is comparing Kiffin year 1 to Heupel year 1....I've yet to see Heupel get BLOWN OUT by a team that Tennessee is equal to or better than like 2009 Ole Miss (I think Dexter McCluster is STILL running against Monte Kiffin's D) and they haven't gotten beaten by a "meh" Auburn (8-5).

As others have posted, every Tennessee loss this year has been to a ranked (at the time) team and everyone besides Florida is still ranked.

Last edited:
I have no idea where those seats would be located? I guess if it was me and if I couldn’t find out where, I would just purchase the tickets.(really can’t put a price on it imo) Thank you for your service, and tell your son happy birthday, hope he has a blast for his birthday
He can go to all vol.com and they have a section by section diagram on there.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
For everyone that is comparing Kiffin year 1 to Heupel year 1....I've yet to see Heupel get BLOWN OUT by a team that Tennessee is equal to or better than like 2009 Ole Miss (I think Dexter McCluster is STILL running against Monte Kiffin's D) and they haven't gotten beaten by a "meh" Auburn (8-5).

As others have posted, every Tennessee loss this year has been to a ranked (at the time) and everyone besides Florida is till ranked.

That team should have won 9 or 10. Definitely shouldn't have lost to freaking UCLA. Complete no show against VA. Tech in the bowl too.

The safeties have largely been in the right places at the right times....they don't get beat deep very often, but they aren't going to make a ton of plays either. It's a low risk, low reward scenario IMO.
Yes, with our lack of speed on the defense the staff is trying to limit big plays. Just trying to keep us in games and out score our opponents. Worked against KY, but did not against Pitt and Ole Miss. If they had pulled it off in those two games, we would be building a statue for Heupel

I forgot about the UCLA debacle in California. And I was giving the VA Tech game a pass because they were a top 10-15 team at the time with Tyrod Taylor at QB.

Ugh....

That UCLA game was pathetic. Played not to lose against UF after running his mouth all off-season. Arguably should have beat Bama but lost to a not so great Auburn team. Ole miss🤦‍♂️. VA Tech was really good but with the time to prepare was what was disappointing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back