Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m taking a similar approach to recruiting that I tried to take with the off-season program…

The team building stuff seemed a bit over the top, but we’ve seen it pay dividends in the way these guys play hard for each other and the coaches every game. The coaches knew what they were doing.

The recruiting stuff seems a bit slow right now, I’m gonna trust that the coaches know what they’re doing.

We will never “build a powerhouse” with 2 and 3 star guys everywhere in our class. Just isn’t happening in 21st century football. Every team that’s won a Championship has had at least a 50% Blue Chip Ratio or higher in their roster. That’s about 16 teams this season that fit that category
I have said that we need to build it like Clemson…. Solid football players that fit our system…. Hit on a few studs… and rarely have any busts…. When you get to the top… studs will line up to come here….. according 247 composite…. Clemsons 1st national championship tram only had 1 5* and pretty much as many 3* or below players starting as they did 4* and above….. we don’t have the same type of recruiting advantages as some teams but it can be done if our coaches can scout/develop talent.

Does Kiffin end up at LSU or Washington at the conclusion of this season? Or does he wait for the Florida job to open up after 2022?

Or does he actually stay at a college more than one year. One can sure get a reputation for moving from one SEC school to another. At some point that is going to catch up with you. I don't think he is going anywhere. UT hates him. If he left Ole Miss high and dry after one year he will have two SEC teams hating. lol Not sure even Kiffin would want that. lol

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I'm kind of pissed that several sucky schools are doing well in recruiting. I feel like kids not going to Bama or Georgia should be lining up to come here, dammit.

And before anyone says anything, don't ask me to be rational. You're not the boss of me and I can harbor unreasonable expectations if I want to. Kids shouldn't be choosing UNC or FSU over us, dammit.

I'm kind of pissed that several sucky schools are doing well in recruiting. I feel like kids not going to Bama or Georgia should be lining up to come here, dammit.

And before anyone says anything, don't ask me to be rational. You're not the boss of me and I can harbor unreasonable expectations if I want to. Kids shouldn't be choosing UNC or FSU over us, dammit.
Recruiting is about relationships. All those kids and their relationships were based off the last staff and they completely screwed us. Recruiting relationships aren't built in 6 months...especially when your bags have been put away.

Necks year...

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Recruiting is about relationships. All those kids and their relationships were based off the last staff and they completely screwed us. Recruiting relationships aren't built in 6 months...especially when your bags have been put away.

Necks year...
Stop trying to be rational. I don't want to be rational right now.

Sorry facts not allowed here. Kids should able to play LB with one arm good and the other hanging on by a thread
tumblr_mk4161MUbF1s3oe2qo1_500.gif

If Hooker returns, we nail a handful from the portal, and UF/LSU don't get their shiz together, we could be entering the Bama game 5-0...and we may not even be that special, but that would really help spur what I imagine will be a good start to 2023 recruiting already 👀

View attachment 412062
Love your enthusiasm. This same post is posted every year for the last 15 years. Half full kind of a guy.

If Hooker returns, we nail a handful from the portal, and UF/LSU don't get their shiz together, we could be entering the Bama game 5-0...and we may not even be that special, but that would really help spur what I imagine will be a good start to 2023 recruiting already 👀

View attachment 412062
1637015638512.gif

Love your enthusiasm. This same post is posted every year for the last 15 years. Half full kind of a guy.
Certainly. And if UF/LSU were having even halfway decent seasons, rather than total disasters and firing everybody, I wouldn't even bring it up.

It just looks like a perfect storm for us, though we still have plenty of work to do and some things have to work themselves out to accomplish that.

Certainly. And if UF/LSU were having even halfway decent seasons, rather than total disasters and firing everybody, I wouldn't even bring it up.

It just looks like a perfect storm for us, though we still have plenty of work to do and some things have to work themselves out to accomplish that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back