Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't about Tim Banks...but if we ever have an opening or ability to upgrade, please give me the Baylor DC. That defense is fantastic and just flat out logical. He also brought great defense to Louisiana before this stop. Currently under the tutelage of Aranda doesn't hurt either...and Aranda might jump for a bigger job.

Just a fun and ferocious defense to watch. Not something I ever thought I'd say about a Baylor defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNash17
19 ain't that high lol. It's about as low as we've been in the past decade...but it's far from "bottom of the SEC" as the previous poster said. Very far from it. Still comfortably ahead the likes of USCjr, UK, and Mizzou. And if people think our players are worse than theirs, then idk what to say.

Like Bass drove home all offseason, this team is still plenty talented. There's a reason, despite 3-7 and so much attrition, Vegas pegged us at 6.5 wins. This team has some dudes and nobody can honestly watch and not see that. We need way more, yes, but this is hardly a bum team. If people think this team has sub-top 20 talent and worse than USCjr and others, idk what to say. These dudes can play...
Omg..if you can sit there and believe this is a quality roster...then I don't know what to say. We have a bunch of castoffs and nobodies punching way over their weight..like Hendon Hooker and Cedric Tillman, but we have several former 4* doing nothing to justify their ranking despite receiving better coaching.

If Hooker returns, we nail a handful from the portal, and UF/LSU don't get their shiz together, we could be entering the Bama game 5-0...and we may not even be that special, but that would really help spur what I imagine will be a good start to 2023 recruiting already 👀

View attachment 412062

Pitt loses 14-15 Covid Starting Seniors including a great QB. TN should win by double digits

When you factor in our lack of talent and style of offense I think he has far exceeded expectations. Could it be better? Sure.
I agree, which is why I'm not a banks hater....but top assistant in the country? I feel like "could have been worse" is a low standard for that award.

Swain stated this morning that he spoke with a BIG money booster and said all boosters are all in on Heupel.
Hopefully this helps with NIL.

If everybody gets on the same page and we start going dollar-for-dollar with UGA watch out. We have the better coach, school, and fanbase IMO. And our facilities are about to be other-wordly.

Have you ever been in a public place and seen another guy/gal checking out VN on their phone?
No, but happened to me. I was on a cruise when we played West Virginia in the opener. Couldn’t get the game while at Sea. Was sitting by the pool while checking the score on ESPN app and checking updates in the game day recruiting thread when out of nowhere a hear “Go Vols! How they looking?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back