Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would be good if they had fundamentals. So many missed lay ups and open shot because they're rushing it
As many turnovers as made baskets in the first half. Shooting 25% from the field, 33% from the line, and 0/7 from 3. I’d rather take a jagged stick to my eye.

Huep takes over a bottom 3 roster in the SEC that was under developed and turned into a serviceable team. Now Imagine what he’ll do with guys he recruited and been in his system for a few years
You seriously think our roster is down with Vandy and Mizzou?

USCjr...Miss St...UK...Ole Miss...Arkansas...had more talent than us??

Wth is up with all these opinions of our players being trash. We aren't bottom 3 talent 😅

This narrative is whack. If you think we're bottom 3 NOW...what will we be next year after we replace solid veterans with what looks to be a ~top 25-30 class? I don't buy it. We still have talent. We were never a bottom 3 talent team and never will be.

Wth is up with all these opinions of our players being trash. We aren't bottom 3 talent 😅

This narrative is whack. If you think we're bottom 3 NOW...what will we be next year after we replace solid veterans with what looks to be a ~top 25-30 class? I don't buy it. We still have talent. We were never a bottom 3 talent team and never will be.
Well we do have 14 less players.

We were 7th in the Talent Composite in the conference, 19th in the country. Just in front of SCar, but a tier above where Ole Miss, Arkansas, Miss St, and Kentucky were.

What's up with Walker Merrill? Feel like he's gonna be a slot all-star in this system in a year or two.

EVALUATED 03/26/2020
4369890.jpeg

Barton SimmonsFORMER DIRECTOR OF SCOUTING
PROJECTION
Power-5 Starter
COMPARISON
Zach RogersNEW YORK JETS

Athletic wide receiver frame with the size to play on the outside, be a factor as a blocker and shrug off tacklers as a runner. Above average athlete with twitch to his game. Hasn’t posted elite speed times but has shown top end explosive testing with vertical and long jumps. Plays with toughness after the catch, fighting for yardage. Brings value in the return game. More athlete than receiver right now. Regularly lets the ball into his body. Limited route-tree with a lot of hitch and screen catches. Needs refinement but has the body type and athletic profile to emerge as a productive Power Five starter with NFL potential.

Well we do have 14 less players.
Mizzou and Vandy are in the 70s too, along with a couple others.

But I digress, we could have 30 fewer and still be better than those rosters, easily. NFL teams play with 53. Nobody reaally needs 85 and we sure as heck don't to be more talented than them. Your top 40-50 guys really define your talent...not 4th stringers.

What's up with Walker Merrill? Feel like he's gonna be a slot all-star in this system in a year or two.

EVALUATED 03/26/2020
4369890.jpeg

PROJECTION
Power-5 Starter
COMPARISON
Zach RogersNEW YORK JETS

Athletic wide receiver frame with the size to play on the outside, be a factor as a blocker and shrug off tacklers as a runner. Above average athlete with twitch to his game. Hasn’t posted elite speed times but has shown top end explosive testing with vertical and long jumps. Plays with toughness after the catch, fighting for yardage. Brings value in the return game. More athlete than receiver right now. Regularly lets the ball into his body. Limited route-tree with a lot of hitch and screen catches. Needs refinement but has the body type and athletic profile to emerge as a productive Power Five starter with NFL potential.
Buried this year, I'd suppose. But he's been in 7 games. Clearly they like what they see in him for a freshman.

vandy? No,
Talent based off what? #1 recruiting rankings aren’t always accurate, #2 these veterans were under developed by last years poor coaching staff. We have 3rd year guys that don’t know how to fill their lane and are out of position. It’s not necessarily their fault, it is what it is

This team is filled with guys that were pruitts backups to his 3-7 team. The “talent rating” on 247 is skewed, it includes guys like Solomon, Bailey, Milton, etc that were 4*’s or better than have no contributed at all

Pretty Holly is a great coach.

I actually think DW would probably hire a decent coach. I don’t know what it would take to move on from Harper though.

I will say this, there is NOBODY at that game tonight. And it’s a top 25 matchup. Should be concerning for the AD.

I actually think DW would probably hire a decent coach. I don’t know what it would take to move on from Harper though.

I will say this, there is NOBODY at that game tonight. And it’s a top 25 matchup. Should be concerning for the AD.
She's pathetic. The offense is junior pro level. I don't think the AD cares about it. I'd say it would have to completely implode. People should go to jail for what they've done to Pat's program.

EVALUATED 03/26/2020
4369890.jpeg

PROJECTION
Power-5 Starter
COMPARISON
Zach RogersNEW YORK JETS

Heup doesn't seem too keen on playing freshman. I hope that changes going forward, but I don't think he trust young players. Would've like to see Eason, Mohan, Holiday, Willis, Turnage, Charles, McDonald, Miles, Beckwith and a few more a lot more.

She's pathetic. The offense is junior pro level. I don't think the AD cares about it. I'd say it would have to completely implode. People should go to jail for what they've done to Pat's program.

I need somebody to explain to me what O system she is running. I'm confused. Nobody moves except the point with the ball, who comes to a stop high above the 3 point line. Then a LV moves toward the ball and the point passes the ball to her. Then that LV tries to create a shot. Then Key positions for a rebound. That's it. The others stand and watch.

So like 7 of those actually see a decent amount of playing time, and 2 are in the portal. I had forgotten Tyus Fields was even on the team.

Heup doesn't seem too keen on playing freshman. I hope that changes going forward, but I don't think he trust young players. Would've like to see Eason, Mohan, Holiday, Willis, Turnage, Charles, McDonald, Miles, Beckwith and a few more a lot more.

I would say you aren’t going to win much in the SEC if you have to rely on freshmen. Some can contribute. A freshman WR wasn’t going to break through this group, and Golesh said preseason that he has never played a true freshman TE. He said Campbell could get a chance but still needed time. Charles is hurt, and it’s clear Beckwith just isn’t cutting it right now. They’ve played Jaylon Wright, and it’s been out of necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back