Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's pathetic. The offense is junior pro level. I don't think the AD cares about it. I'd say it would have to completely implode. People should go to jail for what they've done to Pat's program.
I'd hate to hear what you have to say about Candace Parker, since she was only able to win just 2 National Championships.

Anybody paying attention knows he’s short-handed and complementing an uptempo offense. Casual observers see only stats.
That doesn't equal assistant if the year qualification is my point. Stats and results matter for that. I'm happy to have him and think he's gone a good job all things considered, but your unit has to deliver results if you're going to win an award.

I would say you aren’t going to win much in the SEC if you have to rely on freshmen. Some can contribute. A freshman WR wasn’t going to break through this group, and Golesh said preseason that he has never played a true freshman TE. He said Campbell could get a chance but still needed time. Charles is hurt, and it’s clear Beckwith just isn’t cutting it right now. They’ve played Jaylon Wright, and it’s been out of necessity.
Nothing wrong with sprinkling in dynamic youngsters in the game plan. A guy like Mohan over Page or Willis giving Beasley a break every now and then wouldn't hurt. I know McDonald would be a upgrade over Flowers

Reactions: AppStVol
I need somebody to explain to me what O system she is running. I'm confused. Nobody moves except the point with the ball, who comes to a stop high above the 3 point line. Then a LV moves toward the ball and the point passes the ball to her. Then that LV tries to create a shot. Then Key positions for a rebound. That's it. The others stand and watch.
It's hilarious. The post literally stands down low with her hands up and just slides around where the ball goes. If she gets the ball (primarily Key) she turns around and tries to break the backboard.

It does seem like some of the college guys are starting to look more into NFL game with transfer portal era and NIL making the landscape of recruiting and managing roster even more difficult. At end of the day they want to just coach and have some time off in off-season that the NFL offers. I don’t know if the NFL teams will put up with his antics though.
College recruiting is literally a 24/7 job even if you are a GA or QC coach. It’s even worse now with the NIL stuff. NFL jobs have never been more sought after.

Nothing wrong with sprinkling in dynamic youngsters in the game plan. A guy like Mohan over Page or Willis giving Beasley a break every now and then wouldn't hurt. I know McDonald would be a upgrade over Flowers

I’m just guessing they don’t consider them dynamic enough right now to do that. I also doubt Heupel makes that call on defense.

This isn't about Tim Banks...but if we ever have an opening or ability to upgrade, please give me the Baylor DC. That defense is fantastic and just flat out logical. He also brought great defense to Louisiana before this stop. Currently under the tutelage of Aranda doesn't hurt either...and Aranda might jump for a bigger job.

Just a fun and ferocious defense to watch. Not something I ever thought I'd say about a Baylor defense.
Lol Ron Roberts isn’t for sale and he is actually the one that mentored Dave, now he’s coaching under him. They have a fantastic relationship. some of y’all might find it interesting that Ron used to coach at Tusculum college way back when.

I'd hate to hear what you have to say about Candace Parker, since she was only able to win just 2 National Championships.
how-why.gif

I don’t really like PFF and don’t necessarily agree with any of their rankings but during the Missouri game McDonald was the lowest rated player that saw time…. I’m not sure he would be an upgrade over flowers or not.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Heup doesn't seem too keen on playing freshman. I hope that changes going forward, but I don't think he trust young players. Would've like to see Eason, Mohan, Holiday, Willis, Turnage, Charles, McDonald, Miles, Beckwith and a few more a lot more.

Uhh…with how Velus is playing how can you justify Walker over him? Mind you we rarely substitute cause we’re in hurry up as well.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I don’t really like PFF and don’t necessarily agree with any of their rankings but during the Missouri game McDonald was the lowest rated player that saw time…. I’m not sure he would be an upgrade over flowers or not.
Pff ratings are a complete joke. Do not pay attention to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back