Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also with how the women’s game has grown, if Kellie can just keep winning I will take it.

Love Pat, but she didn’t have to deal with a SEC like exist now. What Staley has been doing in South Carolina has really made this conference & region tougher to recruit in.

Not to mention A&M, Mississippi State, and even Kentucky.

I need somebody to explain to me what O system she is running. I'm confused. Nobody moves except the point with the ball, who comes to a stop high above the 3 point line. Then a LV moves toward the ball and the point passes the ball to her. Then that LV tries to create a shot. Then Key positions for a rebound. That's it. The others stand and watch.
Is pretty obvious that two of Pats players didn’t pay attention much to what she was coaching and the systems she was running. Our offensive system and basic fundamentals have been atrocious under the last two coaches.

I really think Heupel is going to be the guy. I’m hesitant because at some point I said that about every other guy. This one is just different though.

The only question mark I see at this point is recruiting. I’m mildly worried about the time of possession stats and some defensive breakdowns, but I l’m chalking those up to personnel short comings.

We bring in the horses and I think we are back on track and competing with UGA and Bama. It will take a few years, but I think it’s there this time.

I have no idea as to how.ypur post correlates to mine.
Let me first state, I never liked Kellie for the job from the jump; yet, I knew it was going to be her as soon as Holly was out. I wanted Dawn Staley, or no less than the dude at Louisville...this should have happened, but with Fulmer, we knew that it wouldn't. I believe White will make those kinds of moves. Not impressed with Kellie's coaching, at all. Maybe she gets better, idk.

With that said, the day I refer to one of our most decorated Lady Volunteers as pathetic, is the day I reassess my thoughts on pathetic. She's Tennessee born and bred, and Big Orange to the core, just like Holly...they're just not Pat Summitt. Kellie won 3 National Titles for Summitt, now she "should go to jail" for what she's done to Summitt's program. That's ridiculous.

But, yes, not impressed so far with Kellie's coaching; anxious to see how this season plays out.

Reactions: hooter vol
Let me first state, I never liked Kellie for the job from the jump; yet, I knew it was going to be her as soon as Holly was out. I wanted Dawn Staley, or no less than the dude at Louisville...this should have happened, but with Fulmer, we knew that it wouldn't. I believe White will make those kinds of moves. Not impressed with Kellie's coaching, at all. Maybe she gets better, idk.

With that said, the day I refer to one of our most decorated Lady Volunteers as pathetic, is the day I reassess my thoughts on pathetic. She's Tennessee born and bred, and Big Orange to the core, just like Holly...they're just not Pat Summitt. Kellie won 3 National Titles for Summitt, now she "should go to jail" for what she's done to Summitt's program. That's ridiculous.

But, yes, not impressed so far with Kellie's coaching; anxious to see how this season plays out.
I agree…. I hated how we treated Holly and now how it appears we will treat Kellie….. I don’t have confidence in her as a coach but when/if it becomes to make a change…. All it takes is the right coach and you can be right back at the top quickly in basketbal.

I don’t really like PFF and don’t necessarily agree with any of their rankings but during the Missouri game McDonald was the lowest rated player that saw time…. I’m not sure he would be an upgrade over flowers or not.
Cedric Tillman’s 200 yard game he earned the rating of a backup player.

She's a pathetic coach. That doesn't take away from what she did as a player. I love her as a VFL but despise her as a coach. Being a former player, a VFL, a former Pat player/assistant doesn't automatically mean you're a good coach or immune from criticism. There are high-school coaches that are more sophisticated coaches than Kellie. She runs the same .... 💩 offense as Holly did which is really no offense.

The women's basketball team is taking the same path as the football team has, the road to irrelevance. The further you get from something, the harder it is to get back. @JCP201 said Holly recruited better. I agree. I think the Lady Vol name meant something then. But to high-school kids today, it doesn't, which makes it harder to recruit to. The Lady Vols were a blue blood Program that is quickly becoming a Louisiana Tech or Old Dominion.

Last edited:
Cedric Tillman’s 200 yard game he earned the rating of a backup player.
I know PFF sucks…. I shouldn’t have even mentioned them…. Just trying to make the point that we tend to overrate back up players and no one knows if McDonald would do better this season or not…. Obviously the staff doesn’t feel that he would.

Reactions: hooter vol
Lol Ron Roberts isn’t for sale and he is actually the one that mentored Dave, now he’s coaching under him. They have a fantastic relationship. some of y’all might find it interesting that Ron used to coach at Tusculum college way back when.
You know another interesting one who coached at Tusculum? Pete Golding…

Reactions: HankHill
I agree…. I hated how we treated Holly and now how it appears we will treat Kellie….. I don’t have confidence in her as a coach but when/if it becomes to make a change…. All it takes is the right coach and you can be right back at the top quickly in basketbal.

Yeah!

Just like it's worked out in football. ;)

She's a pathetic coach. That doesn't take away from what she did as a player. I love her as a VFL but despise her as a coach. Being a former player, a VFL, a former Pat player/assistant doesn't automatically mean your a good coach or immune from criticism. There are high-school coaches that are more sophisticated coaches than Kellie. She runs the same .... 💩 offense as Holly did which is really no offense.

The women's basketball team is taking the same path as the football team has, the road to irrelevance. The further you get from something, the harder it is to get back. @JCP201 said Holly recruited better. I agree. I think the Lady Vol name meant something then. But to high-school kids today, it doesn't, which makes it harder to recruit to. The Lady Vols were a blue blood Program that is quickly becoming a Louisiana Tech or Old Dominion.
No, not immune from criticism, at all; but, I regulate terms like "pathetic" and "despise" for people like Butch Jones or Jeremy Pruitt. Phillip Fulmer was a piss poor AD, but in no way will I ever despise him. I despise Mike Hamilton...disappointed in Fulmer... in Holly, and Kellie...they get a pass on being "pathetic" and hated, IN ANY WAY, in my book.

I really think Heupel is going to be the guy. I’m hesitant because at some point I said that about every other guy. This one is just different though.

The only question mark I see at this point is recruiting. I’m mildly worried about the time of possession stats and some defensive breakdowns, but I l’m chalking those up to personnel short comings.

We bring in the horses and I think we are back on track and competing with UGA and Bama. It will take a few years, but I think it’s there this time.
I never thought any of the other guys were going to be the guy, but heupel definitely has the potential. Just gotta prove it in recruiting and I'll be all the way on board.

She's a pathetic coach. That doesn't take away from what she did as a player. I love her as a VFL but despise her as a coach. Being a former player, a VFL, a former Pat player/assistant doesn't automatically mean your a good coach or immune from criticism. There are high-school coaches that are more sophisticated coaches than Kellie. She runs the same .... 💩 offense as Holly did which is really no offense.

It’s basketball…. Not hard at all to get back with the right coach…. It’s not like football.

No, not immune from criticism, at all; but, I regulate terms like "pathetic" and "despise" for people like Butch Jones or Jeremy Pruitt. Phillip Fulmer was a piss poor AD, but in no way will I ever despise him. I despise Mike Hamilton...disappointed in Fulmer... in Holly, and Kellie...they get a pass on being "pathetic" and hated, IN ANY WAY, in my book.
I don't despise any of those. Problem is you can't separate the person from the job. She is a pathetic coach, as was Holly, Butch, Pruitt, and Hamilton as an AD. Fulmer was a pathetic AD and I am a huge Fulmer fan and was stoked for him as an AD. Kellie is pathetic head coach. She'll never succeed here. The longer she stays, the further the program will slip into irrelevance.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Yeah, Kellie isn’t an elite coach.

She does have a 69% win rate though. Not pathetic or terrible. Not sure yet if she’ll actually turn the corner from good to elite though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back