Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Basilio's blog this morning:

"Word is reverberating around Tennessee's program that Tiyon Evans might be finished with the Vols in order to get healthy and focus on the NFL Draft. This does line up with what I'm hearing as it seems like Evans has been focused on getting to the pros since arriving here. He's been very good when healthy but just hasn't been able to stay on the field. He was obviously not himself in the Kentucky game and would leave Tennessee with a gaping hole heading into bowl season. The junior from Hartsville, South Carolina was always going to be a short termer here. A 100 percent healthy Evans could've made a big difference in a few of the signature games."

That bums me out if true.

This feels like the kind of move a kid makes right before going undrafted.

I like Tiyon and I hope he balls out if this is the decision he makes. But it feels like he’s missed more time than he’s actually played. This season has flown by but has he really done much since the uscjr game?

Nevertheless- rooting for the kid. We do need to start having more representation in the NFL draft.

Last edited:
Here is his history at UCF:
Previous women’s coach won 41% overall and 39% in conferance…. One winning record in 9 seasons….. the coach he hired is winning at 69% overall 70% in conference with 4 straight 20 win seasons.

Men’s basketball previous coach: 47% overall 35% in conferance…. His coach: 61% overall 53% overall

Football: previous coach 54% overall 63% conferance….. his two hires: 76% overall 78% conference including an undefeated season

At Buffalo…. He hired Bobby Hurley and Lance Leipold so he nailed both of those as well.
I don’t know who he offered bc DW keeps that extremely tight so any info would have to come from the other persons agent and I don’t trust that…. DW works down his list and does not consider Heup as settling as you call it.
That's all well and good but he didn't hire choice 1, 2, or 3. That is the very definition of settling. It's not an indictment on DW. It's an indictment on previous administrations. DW didn't make the UT football program a Chernobyl, he was brought in to try and salvage it.

Reactions: VolNash17
Its because we cut our throats to get rid of Pruitt. No coaches wanted to be a part of a program, right or wrong that would go to lengths to avoid a settlement or buyout.

I'm not saying Jeremy didnt deserve it. Just saying we were a train wreck.
We've been a train wreck since Kiffin left us in the middle of the night. Other programs have went through worse and came out pretty dang good. LSU is in a similar position right now. Let's see who they get.

Show me one joke about the Lady Vols. One. Just one link or social media post by an SEC or national media member, that can be considered shade or a disrespect about the Lady Vols. Just one.

I'll make a deal with you: IF you can find one link or one post, I'll find 20 about the football program that has been written or posted within the last month.
Lol, you think I'm not aware that both programs are have been dumpster fires? Both have been embarrassments.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

I like Tiyon and I hope he balls out if this is the decision he makes. But it feels like he’s missed more time than he’s actually played. This season has flown by but has he really done much since the uscjr game?

Nevertheless- rooting for the kid. We do need to start having more representation in the NFL draft.

Get 100% healthy, no issue with that. Probably a great idea. But hopefully he's smart enough that if he doesn't get a grade round 5 or higher he stays.

Idiot kid...nobody is going to draft him or sign him before seeing him be able to get through more than two games without getting hurt. I hope it works out for him.

Last edited:

"Word is reverberating around Tennessee's program that Tiyon Evans might be finished with the Vols in order to get healthy and focus on the NFL Draft. This does line up with what I'm hearing as it seems like Evans has been focused on getting to the pros since arriving here. He's been very good when healthy but just hasn't been able to stay on the field. He was obviously not himself in the Kentucky game and would leave Tennessee with a gaping hole heading into bowl season. The junior from Hartsville, South Carolina was always going to be a short termer here. A 100 percent healthy Evans could've made a big difference in a few of the signature games."

Lol does this kid think he’s getting drafted?

I wonder if some of the games we have seen him sit are punishment over not going to class rather than injury

Reactions: ugg
One reason why I personally like getting 3-4 year RBs. Kamara has been probably the only exception, but he also had to be here 2 years before he could leave.

Evans I don't think has done enough to get a combine invite or high draft grade. Not sure he'd be even added in the last round on a flier, a RB with a 7 game sample size isn't exactly a guy you spend a pick on typically.

That's all well and good but he didn't hire choice 1, 2, or 3. That is the very definition of settling. It's not an indictment on DW. It's an indictment on previous administrations. DW didn't make the UT football program a Chernobyl, he was brought in to try and salvage it.

I'm not convinced of that. I think he was "encouraged" to make a diversity hire, and after he exhausted that effort, hired the guy he wanted all along.

Tyus Fields still on the team?

He redshired in 2019, his first season here. And last season doesn't count so this year is the first to count against his eligibility. I think we'll see more of him next year though for sure, probably just not sure where to play him just yet.

Dee Beckwith time?

How we treated her? She freakin sucked at her job man..she did it to herself.

If you don't want to be called a pathetic coach and get rightfully fired..then don't have sloppy lazy disinterested teams representing one of the two greatest women's BB programs that ever were or will be.
Holly Warlick was our first ever All-American…..helped Pat build this program….. was an assistant on 8 championship teams….. hand picked by Pat to be her replacement….. She was not a good head coach and deserved to be fired…. I hate all the vitriol spewed towards her and other vol greats by so-called fans that their greatest contribution is buying a Tennessee shirt and watching a game on tv…. We do this to all our former vol greats that brought us so many great memories from Holly, Kellie, Tee, Phil, to Chuck Smith. We can want changes and discuss the program without degrading them/calling them names and such.

If this doesn't make the point of what you and McGill have been saying, not sure what would.
2-3 stars at Vandy or 4-5 stars at Bama, players don't all pan out the same. You get starters and backups.
Heup started with a lot of backups.
Brought out the potential in some, schemes around others.
Not trying to bash them, just not going to take away from the job Heupel has done, either.
It’ll be exciting to see what he does with players he recruited and guys that he and his staff have been developing for multiple years. This year should definitely have people excited, it’s the worst roster Tennessee has had since 2013 (imo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back