Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIL that UM Kansas City Roos was a college basketball program. I also learned they beat the Fighting Cuonzo’s tonight.

View attachment 412140

I always thought the fans were too harsh on Cuonzo. In no way am I saying he did good here. I’m glad we decided to part ways with him, but his leaving could definitely had been handled better on both sides.

I say all of that to also say OOOOOF. Glad we have Barnes.

From Basilio's blog this morning:

"Word is reverberating around Tennessee's program that Tiyon Evans might be finished with the Vols in order to get healthy and focus on the NFL Draft. This does line up with what I'm hearing as it seems like Evans has been focused on getting to the pros since arriving here. He's been very good when healthy but just hasn't been able to stay on the field. He was obviously not himself in the Kentucky game and would leave Tennessee with a gaping hole heading into bowl season. The junior from Hartsville, South Carolina was always going to be a short termer here. A 100 percent healthy Evans could've made a big difference in a few of the signature games."

That bums me out if true.

Kid needs another year. Plan and simple. Yeah, he is good but not “sitting out more than half of the season and still making a jump to the NFL after being on a legit college roster for 1 year” good.

A more logical path to the NFL seems to be
1) get healthy and demonstrate durability
2) put more film together
3) collect some NIL money
4) go to the Senior Bowl and garner attention like other former fringe-pro Vols
5) get drafted higher

Obviously we are not operating with the knowledge that he has. He is a great player and I hope whatever decision he makes is the best one, but this seems shortsighted

Here is what I have found out: Tiyon is probably out this week…. During practices…. He is still working with rehab staff….. does not think there is a plan to not play but doesn’t know for sure…
He says that Tiyon is a little bit of Diva and did express an interest in transferring bc he isn’t paid enough here…. My person doesn’t feel like he was serious and was frustrated that day…… I asked about NIL deals and he says that he has heard that Hooker, Baron, and Taylor were all making really good but not sure on anyone else….will let you all know if he hears anything else.

Part of the reason we have the toughest schedule is we're not a top team. It's also why a team like Georgia, that plays us every year, has such a weak strength of schedule. The real takeaway is we need to get better than our opponents, then our SOS won't be as high.

People bitch about playing Bama every year, but people would also bitch if we didn't. Personally, I hope they move Bama to the East when Texas and OU join the conference. I want to play Bama every year because of the rivalry. I just want Georgia and Florida to have to play them every year as well.

Here is what I have found out: Tiyon is probably out this week…. During practices…. He is still working with rehab staff….. does not think there is a plan to not play but doesn’t know for sure…
He says that Tiyon is a little bit of Diva and did express an interest in transferring bc he isn’t paid enough here…. My person doesn’t feel like he was serious and was frustrated that day…… I asked about NIL deals and he says that he has heard that Hooker, Baron, and Taylor were all making really good but not sure on anyone else….will let you all know if he hears anything else.
Boosters need to step up on NIL deals if we hope to compete with other schools. Otherwise, we might as well accept we're going to remain a middle tier team.

Part of the reason we have the toughest schedule is we're not a top team. It's also why a team like Georgia, that plays us every year, has such a weak strength of schedule. The real takeaway is we need to get better than our opponents, then our SOS won't be as high.

People bitch about playing Bama every year, but people would also bitch if we didn't. Personally, I hope they move Bama to the East when Texas and OU join the conference. I want to play Bama every year because of the rivalry. I just want Georgia and Florida to have to play them every year as well.

Exactly my thoughts. And there will come a time eventually post Saban where Bama isn't good for a stretch, and I want us to be able to deliver some payback.

And how many posters want UT to schedule more difficult OOC games? smh
The formula has been the same for years. Three cupcakes and one challenging team. That's how we schedule OOC games. As for the rest, we play in the toughest football conference. And again, if we were good and Bama and Georgia were down, the SOS rankings would be reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back