Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. That's extremely silly. Even Pitt is too good of an opponent (clearly).

With Texas and OK joining the SEC you'd have to be a complete fool to schedule anyone but cup cakes OOC.

At least from a competitive standpoint. But it will still happen because of that sweet sweet money.

Agree. For me, it has nothing to do with dodging competition, but the SEC is hard enough.

Someone on the radio mentioned Shane Beamer as a potential replacement at VT. I know he is Frank's kid, but why the hell would anyone want him as a head coach?

Probably just the obvious connection. He would excite the fanbase and he would recruit at
Higher level than Fuentes. Fuentes let too many kids leave the area. I think Beamer would be down the list but it wouldn’t shock me. Hugh Freeze should be their target

That's all well and good but he didn't hire choice 1, 2, or 3. That is the very definition of settling. It's not an indictment on DW. It's an indictment on previous administrations. DW didn't make the UT football program a Chernobyl, he was brought in to try and salvage it.

Not many teams in even better situations than ours have been getting their top 3 choices. Pretty wild to see a lot of top traditional jobs be passed up in previous seasons.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Agree. For me, it has nothing to do with dodging competition, but the SEC is hard enough.
Part of me wants to have the toughest schedule ever played in the history of the sport. . . that same part of me wants to have a team so good, we roll every team we play by 50 on the way to a title and a nod as the best team ever. . .

We're nowhere close to the latter dream, so let's play some cupcakes until we get there.

AP suggested on the pod that we completely rework the RB room this year and could take 3 runningbacks.

🤔
We need to, our RBs have been lack luster. We have no running back that goes North and South like a good running back should.

Heck, take the Georgia game for example, our defense had that RB contained at the line but he would hit the Hole so fast our LBs never reached him. Then look at our RBs who literally just pitty patter at the line and then only get 1 or 2 yards because they don’t hit the hole right away.

What has Evans done to show NFL scouts he's worth drafting right now? Unless we hit the lottery in the transfer portal and finish strong in recruiting, our team will take a large step backwards next season...

Like we were supposed to finish 4 - 8 this season…. Lol 😂 our program is not going to take a step backwards if anything it is going to be better. There were a lot of underclassmen that were held out this year to get experience and get bigger that are going to see tons of playing time next year. There is going to be way more speed on the field at all positions.

I like your posts but not necessarily this one

Fans spending big money is a reason these people get paid as much as they do
If they can’t handle being told they suck or are thin skinned then they weren’t coaching/head coaching material anyways
Name calling is kinda dumb though
I don't know who called them a name..I said they both suck at coaching and putting a good team on the floor, which is true, and I don't recall InVOLuntary calling them names either.

A few interesting names in the portal at positions of need.

RBs
Jalen Berger (Wisconsin)
Lyn-J Dixon (Clemson)
Josh Henderson (UNC)
Isaiah Jacobs (Maryland)
Sevion Morrison (Nebraska)

OL
Kayden Lyles (Wisconsin)
Kai-Leon Herbert (Miami)
Sebastien Dolcine (FAU)
Noah Nelson (Oklahoma)

LBs
Antonio Doyle (Texas A&M)
MJ Tafisi (Washington)
Devell Washington (West Virginia)
Navonteque Strong (LSU)

For the record on Tiyon Evans, I’m sorry but no Ankle injury should sideline you for as long as his has sidelined him.

Especially not with the amount of Physical Therapy he gets. If you ask me he just doesn’t want to play through any type of pain period. His ankle is never going to feel 100% again so he better get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back