Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Basilio's blog this morning:

"Word is reverberating around Tennessee's program that Tiyon Evans might be finished with the Vols in order to get healthy and focus on the NFL Draft. This does line up with what I'm hearing as it seems like Evans has been focused on getting to the pros since arriving here. He's been very good when healthy but just hasn't been able to stay on the field. He was obviously not himself in the Kentucky game and would leave Tennessee with a gaping hole heading into bowl season. The junior from Hartsville, South Carolina was always going to be a short termer here. A 100 percent healthy Evans could've made a big difference in a few of the signature games."

That bums me out if true.

Yikes. Not sure how he's gonna get NFL interest with playing like 3-4 games in the SEC

Yikes. Not sure how he's gonna get NFL interest with playing like 3-4 games in the SEC
He won't get draft interest without spectacular pre-draft workouts, but someone will take a flyer on him as a UFA and get him into camp. If he leaves, he'll have a chance to earn his way onto a team. His biggest hurdle is he plays a position that just isn't as valued as it once was. JMO, but he needs to think of getting his degree in case his plans of a NFL future fall through.

Here is what I have found out: Tiyon is probably out this week…. During practices…. He is still working with rehab staff….. does not think there is a plan to not play but doesn’t know for sure…
He says that Tiyon is a little bit of Diva and did express an interest in transferring bc he isn’t paid enough here…. My person doesn’t feel like he was serious and was frustrated that day…… I asked about NIL deals and he says that he has heard that Hooker, Baron, and Taylor were all making really good but not sure on anyone else….will let you all know if he hears anything else.
Lol. yeesh. If true, Tiyon can git

We've been a train wreck since Kiffin left us in the middle of the night. Other programs have went through worse and came out pretty dang good. LSU is in a similar position right now. Let's see who they get.
I hope LSU gets someone so $hitty. Also hope that happens to Bammers as well. Those two programs deserve some destruction headed their way… Their fanbases are awful

If the SEC was interested in fair or equitable treatment would the SEC:

1) Have their offices in Birmingham
2) Have the Curles crew officiating any games at all
3) Allow officials to call games who are alum of other SEC schools
4) Have Mizzou in the SEC as well as the East Division
5) Allow Candy to be in the SEC
6) Have permanent cross division rivals in a conference with 14 teams, soon to be 16 teams
7) Allow Will Wade to continue coaching
8) Force replay officials to actually review plays and enforce rules

Add to the list as you see fit.

You actually can know that a coach will succeed when they take a step up. Honestly, who did not know Dawn Staley would succeed? Anybody who knew anything about women's basketball knew that. She went 172-80 at Temple with a 28-4 one season. Temple - nothing in women's basketball. So hugely successful as a player in college and WNBA. Proves herself at a nothing over 8-9 years. Walks into another nothing, but at an SEC school where they are hungry to build a program and win. They commit to the long term and she goes and builds the program and wins at an elite level.

But more to what they could have made happen with the timing, look what Schaefer did at MSU after being a top assistant at Arky and A&M all those years. Instead, MSU commits to building a winner and Schaefer delivers. Same timing as the Holly hire. Some of us knew Walz was the real answer to continue the elite success. Nope - did what they did. Wrong gender or whatever.

UT was no longer hungry to win - they were complacent - satisfied with their standing in the game. They did the Fulmer thing. The program then began sinking back. Too late. You look and plan for the future leader and relevance well in advance of needing him/her. Hiring the assistant who is part of the sinking was never the answer. Hiring one from the tree who had failed at an ACC previous to being successful at a lower level was dicey at best. But the hires were made to placate many LV $ supporters who still live in the glory years.

I don't see Danny White handling the future poorly. He knows better than me everything I posted above.
I personally wanted Walz from Louisville… been to 2 Title games and has all 3 of Louisville’s final 4’s in their history. With Danny I think if that ever came about again he’d do very well here with our history

I personally wanted Walz from Louisville… been to 2 Title games and has all 3 of Louisville’s final 4’s in their history. With Danny I think if that ever came about again he’d do very well here with our history
They'll never hire a man to coach the LV's.

I think he's a very good coach. Have you seen what they pay him? Don't see the Lady vols paying anywhere close to that.

Just not sure that’s the right move. RB is already a devalued position in the NFL and he has half a season of production
However you can go undrafted and still make the 53 man roster. Or be a 6th round pick like Elijah Mitchell and start ahead of the 3rd round pick Sirmon. If you have the measurables, which Evans has, you will get a chance.

Part of the reason we have the toughest schedule is we're not a top team. It's also why a team like Georgia, that plays us every year, has such a weak strength of schedule. The real takeaway is we need to get better than our opponents, then our SOS won't be as high.

People bitch about playing Bama every year, but people would also bitch if we didn't. Personally, I hope they move Bama to the East when Texas and OU join the conference. I want to play Bama every year because of the rivalry. I just want Georgia and Florida to have to play them every year as well.
This exactly! I don't care that we play them every year. We're used to it. I want the rest of the east to have to face them yearly.

Last edited:
In past threads...many.
Hmm. That's extremely silly. Even Pitt is too good of an opponent (clearly).

With Texas and OK joining the SEC you'd have to be a complete fool to schedule anyone but cup cakes OOC.

At least from a competitive standpoint. But it will still happen because of that sweet sweet money.

Reactions: peaygolf
Here is what I have found out: Tiyon is probably out this week…. During practices…. He is still working with rehab staff….. does not think there is a plan to not play but doesn’t know for sure…
He says that Tiyon is a little bit of Diva and did express an interest in transferring bc he isn’t paid enough here…. My person doesn’t feel like he was serious and was frustrated that day…… I asked about NIL deals and he says that he has heard that Hooker, Baron, and Taylor were all making really good but not sure on anyone else….will let you all know if he hears anything else.

Aka snakes in the grass already been pitching him trying to get him to transfer next yr. I expected this unfortunately as he is a big time player when healthy but you got to stay healthy. He would have NIL deals lined up if he had played in more games. Heck he has missed all the big ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back