Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the Vols play a good game this weekend. This is an opponent they should beat relatively comfortably provided they don’t have some catastrophic meltdown, but I’d like to see the team focused and playing hard in spite of it not being a “big” game. I think it’d speak well of the players and staff alike.

If he thinks he is getting drafted he is mistaken. No one is going to draft him off the sample he gave this year. If anyone thinks he is going to get drafted y’all are sorely mistaken.

(Practice players don’t make mililions)
You live in the moment too much clearly. He is thinking long term and most all good doctors and coaches would have the same vision of long term for their athletes. But go off, you know more than them

I think he's a very good coach. Have you seen what they pay him? Don't see the Lady vols paying anywhere close to that.
Yeah me neither… but he’s pretty dang good compared to what they had before hand and their history before. I think he’d elevate us into a Consistent Top 10 program with our resources and history. Now is Danny willing to make that happen if the time comes? I don’t know really. Keep an eye on Wes Moore at NC State as well, he’s pretty dang good too

Reactions: InVOLuntary
You live in the moment too much clearly. He is thinking long term and most all good doctors and coaches would have the same vision of long term for their athletes. But go off, you know more than them

I hope his ankle gets better but that same ankle has been bad since he got to Tennessee. Ankles are mostly “mental” injuries.

Maybe it is really messed up or maybe it’s not as bad as he thinks but he keeps saying it is bothering him. Anyone who has had an ankle injury has been through both of those thought process and had to overcome them.

Or maybe the staff is telling him to sit out, but honestly I bet it is more mental at this point than physical.

Lol 😂 man you got me. Whew. Just because I wasn’t a “high level” athlete doesn’t mean I’ve never played on an injured Ankle or any other injuries lol.

I also, was in the Army and had to work through injuries there as well. Lol, so I know a little about pain tolerance and working through it.

But, that’s fine you can just wait until the draft if he decides not to come back and see for yourself that he won’t be drafted.
Thanks for your service, but that experience probably taught you that different people have different tolerances for lots of things (pain, criticism, alcohol, etc.). This doesn't even mention the fact that none of us know the severity of Evans injury.

Also, I'm not saying he will get drafted, but none of us know for certain whether he will or he won't. Some of the most gullible people in sports are NFL GM's that fall in love with certain prospect's potential.

Plus, this is all coming from a random blog post from Basilio's website and is likely a whole big bunch of nothing!

Reactions: volsfan_17
Never said that. Just saying a guy on the internet calling a guy a wuss that is a starting sec running back is hilarious

I know plenty of athletes that are wusses when it comes to pain lol. People process pain differently. Again, Ankle injuries are mostly mental because you have to get over the fact that it doesn’t feel like it did before the injury (because it won’t ever feel the same)

Sure I can be a “guy” on the internet lol, but you trying to say imagine a guy on the internet who hasn’t done anything is the same thing as me calling the guy a wuss lol you don’t know what I’ve done and you don’t know what I currently do lol 😂

Thanks for your service, but that experience probably taught you that different people have different tolerances for lots of things (pain, criticism, alcohol, etc.). This doesn't even mention the fact that none of us know the severity of Evans injury.

Also, I'm not saying he will get drafted, but none of us know for certain whether he will or he won't.

Plus, this is all coming from a random blog post from Basilio's website and is likely a whole big bunch of nothing!

Now this is a good comment you are correct on all of those things as I stated a few posts up. Everyone does have different tolerances, which is why I said his ankle injury is probably more mental than anything. He has had this thing since he got to Tennessee. He has had the best therapy and the doctors telling him he is good to play. Maybe he has to overcome the mental hurdle that it’s never going to feel 100% again and he hasn’t been able to do that.

But you are right with your post.

I know plenty of athletes that are wusses when it comes to pain lol. People process pain differently. Again, Ankle injuries are mostly mental because you have to get over the fact that it doesn’t feel like it did before the injury (because it won’t ever feel the same)

Sure I can be a “guy” on the internet lol, but you trying to say imagine a guy on the internet who hasn’t done anything is the same thing as me calling the guy a wuss lol you don’t know what I’ve done and you don’t know what I currently do lol 😂
Now you have caught my interest. What is it that you do? And I understand you might baddest dude in the forum, all I’m saying that calling a starting sec RB a wuss is hilarious.

Now you have caught my interest. What is it that you do? And I understand you might baddest dude in the forum, all I’m saying that calling a starting sec RB a wuss is hilarious.

Only one person on this forum knows what I do and I plan to keep it that way. 😂

However, I’ll gladly take your home address and credit card information.

I taught Alvin York how to shoot, babysat Robert Neyland, came out of retirement and killed 75 NVA and river pirates on special mission with the Army Green Berets (I didn't wear a shirt either, only my red bandana). I've been in Evans' shoes before. I quit my team after we got a new coach and it looked like I wouldn't get to play. But I kept working hard and came in on the last play of the season to sack the Georgia Tech quarterback.

What is Tiyon worth? He has missed too much of the season and has been uselessly unavailable when we have needled him most. The great ability is availability.
I liked Evans and thought he would be an all-SEC back, but he has failed at that. He can't stay on the field and was nowhere to be found in our biggest and toughest games.

Just saying, if he leaves, it will not be a big loss.

I taught Alvin York how to shoot, babysat Robert Neyland, came out of retirement and killed 75 NVA and river pirates on special mission with the Army Green Berets (I didn't wear a shirt either, only my red bandana). I've been in Evans' shoes before. I quit my team after we got a new coach and it looked like I wouldn't get to play. But I kept working hard and came in on the last play of the season to sack the Georgia Tech quarterback.
You were offsides on that last play. Jmo

Haha weirdo
Lol, anyways I wasn’t and am not trying to compare myself to Tiyon Evans, what I was comparing is that I’ve had those injuries to include multiple ankle injuries with way less Physical Therapy and they are never going to be 100% again no matter what.

I was saying it seems like he is being a wuss and just not playing through whatever the pain he has is. Again, I think it is mainly probably a mental thing.

I could be wrong but for him to be out as long as he has been with the amount of care he receives is baffling to me. He missed all of Spring with this injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back