Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on the radio mentioned Shane Beamer as a potential replacement at VT. I know he is Frank's kid, but why the hell would anyone want him as a head coach?
Didn’t qualify for the Derek Dooley Hired Cuz Of Last Name award because Dooley at least had a HC gig beforehand. It was a reach for a SEC gig and laughable because of the talking head hype over it. I don’t say in retrospect because I laughed from beginning to end. Should’ve been a red flag when Bobo AND Friend jumped ship before Spring.

I'm not convinced of that. I think he was "encouraged" to make a diversity hire, and after he exhausted that effort, hired the guy he wanted all along.
Good a theory as any. Admittedly groaned at the mere suggestion of that hire in the early going, but I think it’s to DW’s credit that he didn’t wither at the obvious blowback.

I like your posts but not necessarily this one

Fans spending big money is a reason these people get paid as much as they do
If they can’t handle being told they suck or are thin skinned then they weren’t coaching/head coaching material anyways
Name calling is kinda dumb though
Not when it’s justified. We can whiny bitch with the best of them. 😏

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Lol, anyways I wasn’t and am not trying to compare myself to Tiyon Evans, what I was comparing is that I’ve had those injuries to include multiple ankle injuries with way less Physical Therapy and they are never going to be 100% again no matter what.

I was saying it seems like he is being a wuss and just not playing through whatever the pain he has is. Again, I think it is mainly probably a mental thing.

I could be wrong but for him to be out as long as he has been with the amount of care he receives is baffling to me. He missed all of Spring with this injury.

Clean break of both bones just just above the ankle. Repaired with 8 screws and a plate. Bone healed clean in 2 months. Soft tissue took years to feel "normal".

I was also a soldier. Remember guys who would march through pain, never complain, and never drop out...and then there were the other guys. Had nothing to do with physical strength or ability. Some people just have the mental toughness. Others don't. Certainly don't know whether that is Evans or not, but I understand your point.

Clean break of both bones just just above the ankle. Repaired with 8 screws and a plate. Bone healed clean in 2 months. Soft tissue took years to feel "normal".

I was also a soldier. Remember guys who would march through pain, never complain, and never drop out...and then there were the other guys. Had nothing to do with physical strength or ability. Some people just have the mental toughness. Others don't. Certainly don't know whether that is Evans or not, but I understand your point.

Glad you understand what I’m saying. Lol also whew Atleast it was a clean break. That sounds rough lol. What the heck did you do.

Reactions: SSVol
I always thought the fans were too harsh on Cuonzo. In no way am I saying he did good here. I’m glad we decided to part ways with him, but his leaving could definitely had been handled better on both sides.

I say all of that to also say OOOOOF. Glad we have Barnes.
My issue with him is that he embraced the wronged martyr status after FINALLY making the tourney and doing well. Barnes took similar heat after expectations had been significantly lowered and still raised the program…so the racism angle was a reach.

Good a theory as any. Admittedly groaned at the mere suggestion of that hire in the early going, but I think it’s to DW’s credit that he didn’t wither at the obvious blowback.

Race seemed to be the primary driver in all of the initial names. Can't say whether that was DW himself, or external guidance. My guess is external, particularly given that some of those potential hires weren't that strong. But it sure seemed like once that process was exhausted he knew exactly where he wanted to go, and I am (admittedly retroactively) grateful.

Aiding and abetting a DUI, for letting drunk friend drive your car. That’s a new one to me.
Happened to me about 18 years ago here in NC. Exactly that, I gave my keys up because I was over the limit, my buddy said he was fine and we ended up getting pulled. He got a DUI, I got A&A.

Aiding and abetting a DUI, for letting drunk friend drive your car. That’s a new one to me.
Only reason I remember it - happened to Steve McNair in 2007.

Passenger McNair charged under DUI law

Ravens quarterback Steve McNair was arrested late Wednesday in Nashville, Tenn., on a charge of driving under the influence, even though he wasn't the one driving.

McNair was charged with a little-known Tennessee misdemeanor offense, commonly referred to as "DUI by consent," which prohibits a vehicle owner from letting the vehicle be driven by someone who is inebriated.

Police pulled over McNair's 2003 silver Dodge pickup just before midnight for speeding about a mile from the quarterback's Nashville home and arrested the driver, who was identified as McNair's brother-in-law, after he failed a field sobriety test.

McNair was then charged under a statute that has been on the books in Tennessee for more than 50 years, but isn't widely known in the area.

"I was trying to act responsibly," McNair said in a statement released by the team.

Glad you understand what I’m saying. Lol also whew Atleast it was a clean break. That sounds rough lol. What the heck did you do.

While walking on ice, I inadvertently tested the rotational range of my ankle, attempting to point my foot straight behind me. It will in fact do that when released from the restraints of intact bones. Most uncomfortable and not recommended.

While walking on ice, I inadvertently tested the rotational range of my ankle, attempting to point my foot straight behind me. It will in fact do that when released from the restrains of intact bones. Most uncomfortable and not recommended.
Gross 🤢 I would not want to see that in person.

The worst bone break injury I’ve seen in person was on a punt, me and the other gunner made it down the field to the returner and I was covering behind in case he missed the ball, the kid didn’t fair catch and the other gunner hit him just below his knee and the guy folded over his own knee. Grossest bone break I’ve ever seen.

Love the accountability. Love the preparation. Love the focus. Love the lack of excuses.

We've worked backwards, making our recruiting our culture. Bring a bunch of big shots in and then do nothing with them. It seems like now we have a true culture, and we are bringing the guys into that. It's a nice change of pace.

I dislike the program, but this feels how Clemson built their recent run of success.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back