Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’ll never be like it was when Pat was coach.
Just wait. UConn will be good, not great when Geno retires. Duke will be the same when Coach K leaves.
UCLA isn’t what it was without Wooden. Indiana is average without Knight.
Let’s see how UNC is without Roy Williams. They weren’t very good after Dean left.

It’s a lot harder to find great women’s HC’s I would think.

Lady Vols will be fine.

Icons/legends don’t come around often.
Thank you!

Gross 🤢 I would not want to see that in person.

The worst bone break injury I’ve seen in person was on a punt, me and the other gunner made it down the field to the returner and I was covering behind in case he missed the ball, the kid didn’t fair catch and the other gunner hit him just below his knee and the guy folded over his own knee. Grossest bone break I’ve ever seen.

Ankles don't make me too squeamish, but inverted knees are *really* hard to watch.

Didn’t qualify for the Derek Dooley Hired Cuz Of Last Name award because Dooley at least had a HC gig beforehand. It was a reach for a SEC gig and laughable because of the talking head hype over it. I don’t say in retrospect because I laughed from beginning to end. Should’ve been a red flag when Bobo AND Friend jumped ship before Spring.

Speaking of Friend, anyone notice how the Oline at Auburn has performed this year?

I think he's a very good coach. Have you seen what they pay him? Don't see the Lady vols paying anywhere close to that.

Not really the money, though UT isn't investing in WBB at the level of other programs and doesn't think it needs to. UT isn't going to hire a guy like Walz. He would clash with "the right way" culture and that wouldn't fly. The Harpers are super safe right now, as UT seeks to maintain stability and strong relationships across the marquee sports.

Overdone imo. Peyton got his jaw broken and missed one play.

byCqosZXOjLeNdeJacHY99Ewe60MPF9Wfa15aDHSJ9o.jpg

Lol, anyways I wasn’t and am not trying to compare myself to Tiyon Evans, what I was comparing is that I’ve had those injuries to include multiple ankle injuries with way less Physical Therapy and they are never going to be 100% again no matter what.

I was saying it seems like he is being a wuss and just not playing through whatever the pain he has is. Again, I think it is mainly probably a mental thing.

I could be wrong but for him to be out as long as he has been with the amount of care he receives is baffling to me. He missed all of Spring with this injury.
Ahh okay I see where you are coming from. It makes it really hard to believe that he isn’t babying this injury if the rumors are true about him leaving. He’s probably out the door already. Makes sense he misses the big boy teams and pads stats against lower tier. I hate to think like that about anyone. I would like to think these guys aren’t being “wussies”. I think I took your comment out of context. I understand where you’re coming from now

Vols can win the last two games without Evans. He's been sidelined off and on with an ankle injury his entire UT career. He was limited in the spring and has been rehabbing that ankle most of the season. We're not going to be 100% the next few weeks, but the tough part of the schedule is behind us.
Short of needing to play one of the walk on QB's. There is no chance they should lose these last 2

Reactions: LA Vol and volnut1
A few interesting names in the portal at positions of need.

RBs
Jalen Berger (Wisconsin)
Lyn-J Dixon (Clemson)
Josh Henderson (UNC)
Isaiah Jacobs (Maryland)
Sevion Morrison (Nebraska)

OL
Kayden Lyles (Wisconsin)
Kai-Leon Herbert (Miami)
Sebastien Dolcine (FAU)
Noah Nelson (Oklahoma)

LBs
Antonio Doyle (Texas A&M)
MJ Tafisi (Washington)
Devell Washington (West Virginia)
Navonteque Strong (LSU)
68626530.jpg

So 19 games missed > 0?

I know we're all tough guys today (I'm typing this post with 10 broken fingers, btw), but I don't understand what you're trying to argue about here.

Facts:
* Steve McNair is tough
* Peyton Manning is tough
* Steve McNair missed games because of injuries
* Peyton Manning missed games because of injuries
* Peyton Manning is a Vols legend
* Steve McNair is a Titans legend
* They are both great football players that played great football in the state of Tennessee and love(d) the state of Tennessee

I'm not really interested in cramming an argument into a conversation that doesn't really need an argument. Nor playing the Badass Olympics with 2 men that are in the 99 percentile of toughest all-around football players.

I think Tiyon is coming back next year. He has only played 7 games this year with him getting injured in the last 2 with a grand total of 8 carries.

If he doesn't play again until the bowl game I don't think he has enough film to get drafted.

Comeback next year, stay healthy and rush for over 1000 yards.

Last edited:
A few interesting names in the portal at positions of need.

RBs
Jalen Berger (Wisconsin)
Lyn-J Dixon (Clemson)
Josh Henderson (UNC)
Isaiah Jacobs (Maryland)
Sevion Morrison (Nebraska)

OL
Kayden Lyles (Wisconsin)
Kai-Leon Herbert (Miami)
Sebastien Dolcine (FAU)
Noah Nelson (Oklahoma)

LBs
Antonio Doyle (Texas A&M)
MJ Tafisi (Washington)
Devell Washington (West Virginia)
Navonteque Strong (LSU)
To echo other posters, I want bodies, period. But I'd feel really great about this offense if we got Dixon.

I know we're all tough guys today (I'm typing this post with 10 broken fingers, btw), but I don't understand what you're trying to argue about here.

Facts:
* Steve McNair is tough
* Peyton Manning is tough
* Steve McNair missed games because of injuries
* Peyton Manning missed games because of injuries
* Peyton Manning is a Vols legend
* Steve McNair is a Titans legend
* They are both great football players that played great football in the state of Tennessee and love(d) the state of Tennessee

I'm not really interested in cramming an argument into a conversation that doesn't really need an argument. Nor playing the Badass Olympics with 2 men that are in the 99 percentile of toughest all-around football players.
Never would say that McNair wasn’t tough…that’s stupid. But he shared a MVP with Peyton even after being swept in the season matchups and lesser stats based on his TOUGHNESS. Getting your ass kicked shouldn’t get you extra credit and it did him a little excessively imo. Not sure what this Badass Olympics is that you’re rambling about, but put your clothes back on and work your way through it…I’m good. 😎

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back