Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way in h**l Huepel takes the Oklahoma job, not after how they did him in 2014. And honestly even if he did leave I wouldn’t be worried, now that the ncaa stuff is behind us and we are overall in a much better position than last year we could easily make a splash hire. It won’t come to that but still no need to worry imho
giphy.gif

Campbell, Aranda, Kiffin, Cristobal, Fickell, Napier even Franklin (although I wouldn’t necessarily want him) have all done more with less than Riley. Not that I think Riley is bad, I just think he was handed a really good situation by a really good predecessor, and the only real competition in his conference has been stuck in a rut of historic lows.

You don’t have to do more with less at LSU tho. It’s not Iowa St. They recruit at a high level.

Riley has been in the playoffs 3x.

I think Oklahoma will have problems in the SEC. I think Riley understands that.
What?

He's already one of the youngest coaches in the league.
With a program that is already operating at a 9/10 level, on or slightly under the Alabama/Georgia tier.
Nick Saban is getting closer to retirement with every season, and once Saban gets out of the way, the league is Riley's.
He's going to get better defensive players now that they're in the SEC.

I'm not even an Oklahoma fan IN THE LEAST, but Riley is set for life if he just sits still for a few years.

What?

With a program that is already operating at a 9/10 level, on or slightly under the Alabama/Georgia tier.
Nick Saban is getting closer to retirement with every season, and once Saban gets out of the way, the league is Riley's.

I'm not even an Oklahoma fan IN THE LEAST, but Riley is set for life if he just sits still for a few years.

Nope. His recruiting base is fine for the Big 12, It's not close to maintaining what they need against LSU, Auburn, Alabama, A&M, Georgia...

What?

He'll try to be the next kliff Kingsbury before he goes to another college program.

Reactions: BigSteve09
What?

His success won't be as much in the SEC IMO. You're crazy if you think he cruises through this conference like he did the Big 12. And it's not just Georgia or Bama he has to worry about. The competition is much tougher here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back