Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. His recruiting base is fine for the Big 12, It's not close to maintaining what they need against LSU, Auburn, Alabama, A&M, Georgia...

What? They recruit nationally and the state of Texas, usually beating out Texas and A&M.

Here are where their players come from, keep in mind that the majority of these are blue-chip recruits, the best that these states have to offer:
Maryland/Washington DC x5
Texas x38 <--- a talent-rich state that any program would love to raid
Florida x8
Virginia x2
Oklahoma x11
Oregon
Iowa x2
Ohio x2
Tennessee x3 <---- these are out of high school, not our recent transfers
California x4
North Carolina
Arizona x2
Missouri x3
Georgia
Arkansas
Kansas x3
North Carolina

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruce Wayne
If anyone should be looking around and thinking it's time to roll out, it's gotta be Jimbo. He has fielded the best team that he will field in his time at A&M and they still couldn't get over the hump. Texas and Oklahoma coming into the SEC takes away their biggest recruiting advantage to get top-tier players in their state. Now that Oklahoma and Texas can boast the SEC as well, A&M's edge is gone.

Campbell, Aranda, Kiffin, Cristobal, Fickell, Napier even Franklin (although I wouldn’t necessarily want him) have all done more with less than Riley. Not that I think Riley is bad, I just think he was handed a really good situation by a really good predecessor, and the only real competition in his conference has been stuck in a rut of historic lows.
Cristobal will be the next coach at UF

Book it!:cool:

If anyone should be looking around and thinking it's time to roll out, it's gotta be Jimbo. He has fielded the best team that he will field in his time at A&M and they still couldn't get over the hump. Texas and Oklahoma coming into the SEC takes away their biggest recruiting advantage to get top-tier players in their state. Now that Oklahoma and Texas can boast the SEC as well, A&M's edge is gone.
No way he is leaving for LSU after his comment today
Jimbo Fisher: I would be the 'dumbest human' to leave for LSU

Blinded by the Light lol. Bruce Springsteen and then redone by Manfred Mann.
given his career and how early him writing that song was in his career, this is the craziest fact to me
The track reached No. 1 on both the Billboard Hot 100 and the Canadian RPM charts. Manfred Mann's Earth Band's recording of "Blinded by the Light" is Springsteen's only No. 1 single as a songwriter on the Hot 100; his highest charting single as a solo performer was "Dancing in the Dark" in 1984, which reached No. 2 on the Hot 100, and his only No. 1 was as part of the USA for Africa ensemble that recorded "We Are the World".

Quick question. I haven’t been able to access this thread thru the recruiting forum the past few days. I have to go to the alerts and click on one of the replies to get in. Anyone know what went wrong? I looked and Involuntary started the thread and I don’t have him on ignore.

who’d I piss off?
The shorter list is who you didn't piss off.

prudent-george-w-bush.gif

I am a huge Springsteen fan and had no idea. That is wild.
Someone tells you in 1976 that the guy that wrote that song is going to spend the next decade in his prime and continue writing and recording for decades more. How confident would you be that he'd had at least one more #1?

Reactions: drvenner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back