Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I missed it… is Javonta Payton done or is he okay to play this weekend?
@volbeast33
Here is all he knows about Payton so far…… he has not been doing much in terms of rehab off to the side like most injured guys do and he was there at a simulated walk through thing they did on Monday so it is looking promising for him playing this week.

I may have to drive to the football offices this week and see if I can bribe a grad assistant for info on recruiting....

Probably shouldn't say that on a MB. Now DW is gonna have security looking out for me...

DW already had security looking for you…us old guys have been leading them on a merry chase. We keep sending them to Applebees 😎

I’m not a Kiffin guy but he did well at FAU

Not when he played CJH….we definitely have the better coach, plus he seems to be a normal guy. Great football smarts, good Father, nice guy.

Has anyone heard kiffin talk about his kid(s) since he got divorced? Just curious, I don’t do social media…

I understand people are tired of getting blown out. I’ve been here for it. My point though is we don’t have a fairy with magic pixie dust to get us back overnight. And GA is capable of doing the same thing to most teams that are going to win their conference.

Hey Cap,
Could you please get us one of those fairies? Pretty please?
Signed,
VN (aka your cheerleading squad)

🤠

Meh there was nothing hard about that endzone landing other than he doesn’t know that when you are free falling you have to tuck your chin or else your head will snap back and give you a concussion. Some people naturally just have the instincts to do it. He did not and it caused a concussion.

Concussions suck.

That is all. 😐

Not sure who sings this song but it has a line; wrapped up like a douche another runner in the night
The lyrics are actually "revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night". Talking about a hot car with a deuce carburetor. I had to look it up years ago because the words didn't make any sense to me.

They go all in on Chadwell, and land him, they may come out of it looking better than anyone. He would be numero uno, and he would have to turn me down multiple times.
Yeah..that is true, and that is a really good spot for him too. Let's see if they are smart enough to give him a shot. I don't see any of the other bigger jobs giving Chadwell a sniff, so it might actually happen.

The last 13 years have taught me there are zero quick fixes

We will never hire super coach

We will never have a new coach that inherits a loaded, deep roster

We will never get a coach who makes all the right play calls or quarterback choices

We will never have a coach beat all of the Big 3 in year one

And no amount of complaining or firing coaches will change any of that

As fans, we just have to reembrace the long hard slog every time we get the joy of watching our coach get fired

This cycle can go on and on for decades

In fact, most programs exist perpetually in this cycle when you look around college football…

We just hired a super coach, but all we see is Clark Kent.
His goal is to develop a super deep roster to then defat the big 3.
He is already making the right calls. He developed a really good quarterback (Hooker) and will develop a great one …

I think that CJH is the answer to our prayers. Time will tell. I am definitely here for it. 🤠

DW disagrees.
Considering what actually happened he should...Franklin or Elliot would have been a disaster...luckily they chickened out on taking such a hard job and we got a good coach that also happens to be a decent human being.

Franklin is a decent coach and horrible piece of human trash, and Elliot is a mediocre coach and a good human being....I am thankful that neither one if them had the balls it took to take on this rebuild.

We got lucky..DW can think what he wants..unless...he poison pilled the offers to those two, knowing they would not take it, offers that were forced on him to make to get a "diversity" hire, so he could get the guy he actually wanted all along 🤔

I don't buy that 💩..he got lucky 😁

The cowboy in me loves the do or die attitude of going for TDs instead of FGs...but...the logical analytical side of me wishes that Heupel had scored those extra six points...like it or not, perception in this new f'd up world is reality, and 41-23 against that defensesounds a lot better than 41-17 to everyone not really paying attention.

The truth is we forsook those easy points against a great defense for a chance to make it a real game to the end, and I applaud that, but the perception amongst Georgia fans and casual observers is that they "held" us to only 17 points...and we need all the perception help that we can get for recruiting.

This is not a criticism, just a musing on the state of things and my ambigous opposing thoughts.

Don’t give a damn what the casual fan or dawgs think. Our coach can show recruits that he is not going to go for style points, he is trying to win games.

Let the kiffins, jones, dooleys and pruitts go for the style, keep it close loss coaches keep all that crap. I have had 15 years of it. No mas!

Not attacking you at all. But I am tired of all the smoke and mirrors. I am ecstatic that Tennessee now has a real coach in football, basketball, and baseball! We’re coming and we’re bringing Hell with us! 🤠

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back