Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest desire for what I wanted to see from this new staff was to see our team fight to the end...to restore what being a Tennessee Volunteer always meant to me. Everybody knows my total disgust for the cancerous lazy quitter attitude that had rotted our program to the core, so I'm not going to rehash that.

I want to thank Josh Heupel and staff for restoring pride and true Volunteer spirit back into this team. I can't wait to see where we go from here.

Mmmmm, rehash 😁

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Considering what actually happened he should...Franklin or Elliot would have been a disaster...luckily they chickened out on taking such a hard job and we got a good coach that also happens to be a decent human being.

Franklin is a decent coach and horrible piece of human trash, and Elliot is a mediocre coach and a good human being....I am thankful that neither one if them had the balls it took to take on this rebuild.

We got lucky..DW can think what he wants..unless...he poison pilled the offers to those two, knowing they would not take it, offers that were forced on him to make to get a "diversity" hire, so he could get the guy he actually wanted all along 🤔

I don't buy that 💩..he got lucky 😁
You keep saying Franklin is a good coach or a decent coach. He is a good recruiter. Tell me why you think he is a good coach?

No way in h**l Huepel takes the Oklahoma job, not after how they did him in 2014. And honestly even if he did leave I wouldn’t be worried, now that the ncaa stuff is behind us and we are overall in a much better position than last year we could easily make a splash hire. It won’t come to that but still no need to worry imho

Define "splash hire". Johnny is really the last splash hire we've made in any major sport and that was over forty years ago.

Amazing some think you can hold up a UT Coach for hire sign and have coaches flocking to the interview. Ole Johnny was a no-brainer.

What's just as odd is that no coach has ever left and been really successful at his new school.
Phil didn't even get a sniff at another good job...that should tell anybody with a speck of cognitive ability exactly what the world of CFB thought of his coaching ability by that time.

Last edited:
You keep saying Franklin is a good coach or a decent coach. He is a good recruiter. Tell me why you think he is a good coach?
I think he is a mediocre-good coach based on the results he has gotten, being a good recruiter is part of being a decent coach, but you are right about him too..on gameday he has flopped badly several times.

Look...I think I hate that guy worse than anybody on VN, so I do not care if you tear him to shreds..have at him...I am just being honest.

I was out as long as he was our HC if he had taken the job.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I hope UF hires Kiffin. He would fall on his face there. Better for him to leave OM now after corral leaves also.
Someone soon is going to get Will Healy at Charlotte, and will be a game changer for that program.
He's waiting for the Ga. Tech job from what I here......He would kill it at any ACC school (not ANY, but several)

Reactions: SoilVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back