Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could be successful at VT as well.
I wanted him at UT, but he probably wasn't ready.
I watched him up close in practice at Austin Peay, and what he did there, the relationships he had with players, staff, and fans blew me away. He got 3* kids to a program that had a 20 odd game losing streak. Dude can coach anywhere.

Someone soon is going to get Will Healy at Charlotte, and will be a game changer for that program.
He's waiting for the Ga. Tech job from what I here......He would kill it at any ACC school (not ANY, but several)
He is not exactly lightning the world on fire at Charlotte.

From the article:
Cedric-Tillman-%E2%80%94-Tennessee-Football-1-300x194.jpg

I'm pretty sure this ball gets picked off
Well JG threw it last year vs KY so that’s probably a 50/50 bet

Considering what actually happened he should...Franklin or Elliot would have been a disaster...luckily they chickened out on taking such a hard job and we got a good coach that also happens to be a decent human being.

Franklin is a decent coach and horrible piece of human trash, and Elliot is a mediocre coach and a good human being....I am thankful that neither one if them had the balls it took to take on this rebuild.

We got lucky..DW can think what he wants..unless...he poison pilled the offers to those two, knowing they would not take it, offers that were forced on him to make to get a "diversity" hire, so he could get the guy he actually wanted all along 🤔

I don't buy that 💩..he got lucky 😁

It's his job to get it right, he did, and he has demonstrated the ability to do so time and again. Luck favors the prepared and luck favors the capable...which suggests it ain't luck at all.

2 bowl games (with one more win this season) in 3 years is good there. Last year is a wash (2-4) Lot's of Covid issues and hold out there
Yeah I don't think there's enough data to say he is or isn't lighting it up, but he could have 2 winning seasons in 3 years, and the Covid year can practically be thrown out. Plus, they beat Duke on the road and lost by 10 to Illinois.

I think he's a good coach, and will prove that with a few more years. What he did at Austin Peay was incredible. The program was 1-48 and he took them to 8-1 in his second season while pulling a Top 5 and the #1 FCS recruiting classes in back to back seasons. And he's taken a Charlotte program that was 22-48 before his arrival to, currently, .500 (14-15 : 12-11 minus 2020). He's still super young, and needs more years at Charlotte I think.

The lyrics are actually "revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night". Talking about a hot car with a deuce carburetor. I had to look it up years ago because the words didn't make any sense to me.
Remember watching this sketch at either 12 or 13, not even really knowing the song at that point I don't think, and still laughing my ass off. Can't ever hear someone even mention that song without remembering this. Also, why do things look like they were filmed underwater?

Not when he played CJH….we definitely have the better coach, plus he seems to be a normal guy. Great football smarts, good Father, nice guy.

Has anyone heard kiffin talk about his kid(s) since he got divorced? Just curious, I don’t do social media…

I agree completely with this. Someone just said kiffin never had success anywhere

I wanted him at UT, but he probably wasn't ready.
I watched him up close in practice at Austin Peay, and what he did there, the relationships he had with players, staff, and fans blew me away. He got 3* kids to a program that had a 20 odd game losing streak. Dude can coach anywhere.
Remember him from his time at UTC. would be good to see a home town boy do good.

Reactions: peaygolf
I thought we hit the jackpot in Pruitt…. I will go back to my corner in shame.
I thought he would be better than he was. The concern for me was always his ability to surround himself with good people, both as coaches and as human beings. He couldn't. Heupel has surrounded himself with good coaches who are also quality individuals.

Was talking to some people at the UGA game that i know from my time workin in sports and heard a fun little gem but didnt think too much of it, but the Barstool podcast just brought it up.

Lane Kiffin might actively be lobbying to get Manny Diaz fired and get his job. That would be incredible for us.

if he wants to be in Florida lets hope Miami makes a move before Florida does.

I think he is a mediocre-good coach based on the results he has gotten, being a good recruiter is part of being a decent coach, but you are right about him too..on gameday he has flopped badly several times.

Look...I think I hate that guy worse than anybody on VN, so I do not care if you tear him to shreds..have at him...I am just being honest.

I was out as long as he was our HC if he had taken the job.
I was too.I’ll never forget him flipping off our fans when Dennis Rogan intercepted that pass and we beat them.Dennis Rogan was a prime example of someone that needed to come back for his senior season.He was a really good player but would have profited by staying that one year.

and we're at the fan-shaming "sit down and shut up" part of the coaching regime in Florida

I hope to watch plenty other programs and staffs sail troubled waters, as it seemed like we were way too much fun to watch burn

Unfortunately, just like frequent/immediate coaching changes are the norm now, when we were drug for it, things like shaming fans won't be a big deal anymore either.

I'd say Rick Barnes was a splash hire, but I'm sure because his dumbass Texas AD thought he was too old people felt it was a retread.
Tennessee is very fortunate to have Rick Barnes.In my opinion Tony Vitello is another great hire.Hopefully we can keep these coaches around for a few years.

and we're at the fan-shaming "sit down and shut up" part of the coaching regime in Florida

I hope to watch plenty other programs and staffs sail troubled waters, as it seemed like we were way too much fun to watch burn

Unfortunately, just like frequent/immediate coaching changes are the norm now, when we were drug for it, things like shaming fans won't be a big deal anymore either.
Link looks dead or is it just my phone misbehaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back