Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finebaum just said SEC is working on a model where 3 teams are made permanent opponents then the rest of the 5 or 6 games rotate and the best two records play for the Conference Title. Lol knowing our luck we’ll have Georgia Bama Florida or something of that nature lmao… he said it was in the works and not final but I found it interesting on his show a few minutes ago
If thus true we'd get Bama, UK, and Vandy every year, I'd be good with that.

Love that Movie. Warm Breakfast Pastries will never be the same.
277341-9347-clp-950.jpg

Dang. I wish he would have been able to finish Saturday. Not saying we would have one but there's some plays I think he would have made. That pass Hooker rainbowed to Keyton and he couldn't get under it to catch would have been for sure caught for a huge gain I believe if Payton had been playing. It hung in the air for so long.

Got a Georgia fan parent giving me crap this week. I need Tennessee to be back and start shutting up some of these fan bases who've been beating our tails these last few miserable years. I told him Kirby is due to screw up a game soon. I hope it turns out I'm right!
Yep…. I really think losing Payton that game had a huge negative effect on our offense.

It's the best way for student athletes to face every team in the SEC if they stay 4 years
Who cares if they face every team? I'd rather continue tradition. Besides, if it's that important to face every team in 4 years, just face two different teams from the cross division each year. 8 teams, 4 years...Math checks out.

Reactions: drylo
Keeper is the last of the 11 guys that failed on the field. As someone who played in college, I rarely blame the keeper for a goal. The only time, and @Smyrna ATL Vol can probably endorse this, that I will blame a keeper is when zero effort is put in to make the save. Otherwise 10 other guys failed to lead to that moment. Remind him of that.

My other piece of advice is for your son to take control of the defensive positions. Manage them. Be the voice and leader and move them like his own pieces. Talk to them about what he sees because he has the best seat in the house. 2-3 guy break is unacceptable and the defense is moving too high and probably flat footed.
Thanks for the advice….. I did feel that the coach had us playing too far up the field bc we didn’t have the foot speed to stop run out after riun out.

Reactions: RikidyBones
I know MSU has had a good year but that would be dumb af. That’s Saban territory…
Tucker has been quite good to this point. Not great. Good. 5-7 at CU, which is a tough place to win, and 2-5 last year. I maintain last year was wonky anyway, but he did beat Michigan, so he’s undefeated against Harbaugh two years in. But…over 90 million dollars? Come on.

I know MSU has had a good year but that would be dumb af. That’s Saban territory…
They're banking on him being an elite level HC and paying him way early to keep him from others. This will soon be the floor for such level. Works if he's worth it...if not?

They're trying to keep him from being tempted to jump to the SEC. It'll be hilarious if he signs such a contract only to struggle next year. I like Tucker, but one good year doesn't make him worth that.

I agree… Great thing is we’re likely to get Vanderbilt which is great. Saban won’t be at bammer too much longer as he’s 70 and then the next is likely Kentucky, South Carolina or Florida logically. But we’ll see I guess. I hope they don’t give us georgia if they keep that 3 team locked in model. I like it overall though

Joe Pa was well over 80 and still going strong at PSU

I’ve made the league’s job easy for them:

Tenn: Vandy, Bama, Kentucky
Bama: Auburn, Tenn, Miss St
Arkansas: Mizzou, Oklahoma, Texas
Auburn: Bama, Georgia, Miss St
Florida: Georgia, South Carolina, LSU
Georgia: Florida, Auburn, South Carolina
Kentucky: Tenn, South Carolina, Vandy
LSU: Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Florida
Ole Miss: Miss St, LSU, Vandy
Miss St: Ole Miss, Bama, Auburn
Mizzou: Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M
Oklahoma: Texas, Arkansas, Mizzou
South Carolina: Georgia, Florida, Kentucky
Texas: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas A&M
Texas A&M: Texas, LSU, Mizzou
Vandy: Tennessee, Kentucky, Ole Miss

Finebaum just said SEC is working on a model where 3 teams are made permanent opponents then the rest of the 5 or 6 games rotate and the best two records play for the Conference Title. Lol knowing our luck we’ll have Georgia Bama Florida or something of that nature lmao… he said it was in the works and not final but I found it interesting on his show a few minutes ago

Give me vandy, Kentucky, and Alabama.

We get Vandy and Kentucky’s biggest rival and we get to keep one of the tougher rivals. Win win

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back