Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a post based on logic with no emotion included. No matter how you feel, the 2009 season was the last time the fans had this much excitement over a new staff and saw the team whip other SEC teams not named Vanderbilt. I said nothing that promoted Kiffin. Don't let the name Kiffin be such a trigger for you.

He doesn’t trigger anything really. But he hasn’t been here for a long time now.

Never had any excitement over the kiffin moment. Couldn’t believe that a HOF coach was fired for kiffin. Made no sense then, makes no sense now.

There are so many 3* backs that look great on film (I know they are just highlights) from Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi that nobody are really looking at. They didn’t camp and get left behind and end up at G5 schools or FCS.
Just look at the rushing leaders. Lots of them are at NTU, Toledo, UNLV. One of the nations rushing leaders is going to East Mississippi CC.
USCjr and Auburn both hit on nice 3 star backs this year. Hopefully we can follow suit

It was a post based on logic with no emotion included. No matter how you feel, the 2009 season was the last time the fans had this much excitement over a new staff and saw the team whip other SEC teams not named Vanderbilt. I said nothing that promoted Kiffin. Don't let the name Kiffin be such a trigger for you.
Kiffshit. People talk like 09 was some magical year. We werent very good.

I do think Kiffin would have had us playing well. VPI manhandled us.

I didnt learn until a year or 2 ago that "high ankle sprain" actually means a fractured tibia/fibula or both (those 2 are shin bones).

The reason a "high ankle sprain" often takes more than a month to mend is because its "broken" bones....just not "broken in two".

Go Vols. C.O.Y. Heupel!!!

Edit: i shattered both in a wreck on my CBR600 rice rocket...no fun

It’s actually a tear of the connective tissue between the Tibia and Fibula. Miserable and painful.

For everyone that is comparing Kiffin year 1 to Heupel year 1....I've yet to see Heupel get BLOWN OUT by a team that Tennessee is equal to or better than like 2009 Ole Miss (I think Dexter McCluster is STILL running against Monte Kiffin's D) and they haven't gotten beaten by a "meh" Auburn (8-5).

As others have posted, every Tennessee loss this year has been to a ranked (at the time) team and everyone besides Florida is still ranked.

I brought my kids to that Auburn game and it was awful. We were on the upper deck at the 50 and you could see the mistakes unfold. It was awful and yet great only because my kids were having a great time.

I kept thinking that we fired CPF and staff for this buffoonery?

Kiffshit. People talk like 09 was some magical year. We werent very good.

I do think Kiffin would have had us playing well. VPI manhandled us.
We weren't good in 09, it was just good enough to give fans more hope than we've had in a while. Jones had better teams and higher expectations than Kriffen.

He doesn’t trigger anything really. But he hasn’t been here for a long time now.

Never had any excitement over the kiffin moment. Couldn’t believe that a HOF coach was fired for kiffin. Made no sense then, makes no sense now.
Phil sucked by that point. We should have hired a valid coach if we were going to fire him though. We hired a stupid immature frat boy and the rest is history.

The fact that Phil never got a sniff of a big job afterwards should be all the proof you need of his suckitude by that point in his career.

I really don't understand why more kids aren't wanting to come here. We've had a better than expected year. With a thin roster, we've performed pretty damn well. Other than Florida, all of the other teams we've lost to are ranked. Arguably, 2 of our losses, Pitt and Ole Miss, can be contributed to poor officiating. We beat ranked Kentucky on their home field. We played with Bama through 3 quarters. Kids need to take notice and jump on board the ship.
It's the NCAA cloud held over our heads and the fact that rivals are using it negatively against us.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Phil sucked by that point. We should have hired a valid coach if we were going to fire him though. We hired a stupid immature frat boy and the rest is history.

The fact that Phil never got a sniff of a big job afterwards should be all the proof you need of his suckitude by that point in his career.
Fulmer should have been fired after the 05 season.

How many of us wanted Tucker over Pruitt? I doubt it was very many
We definitely don’t want Pruitt but not sure we would want tucker either….. I’m always weary of those coaches that have the one blow up season…. He was 7-11 his previous two coaching seasons….. The challenge is maintaining a program and continued success….There is a big chance that contract they are handing out will make them look like idiots.

We weren't good in 09, it was just good enough to give fans more hope than we've had in a while. Jones had better teams and higher expectations than Kriffen.

Agree we weren't great AND my expectations weren't either.
I'm terrible at predicting coaches, wasn't about Kiffin tho, it was about what Saban, Spurrier/Meyer and Richt had proven. Phil was slipping but I always believed the competition played as big of a role.

Despite my jokes, don't really believe in karma or "bad juju". But the vitriol towards PF and the "we deserve" statements from many, were just so extreme. It was setting up like a bad movie plot. I had a terrible feeling about what was coming.
Zero hype in 09.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back