Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michigan State set to offer Mel Tucker 10 year/$95 million makes me laugh out loud. They have lost their minds up there. Michigan State was 2-5 in 2020.
Colorado was 5-7 in 2019. Great run this year so far, but c'mon---that's Saban money for someone who has been a head coach with a 16-13 record. #apocalypse
Not sure if true but someone told me it was all going to be guaranteed

Reactions: jkleno
Michigan State set to offer Mel Tucker 10 year/$95 million makes me laugh out loud. They have lost their minds up there. Michigan State was 2-5 in 2020.
Colorado was 5-7 in 2019. Great run this year so far, but c'mon---that's Saban money for someone who has been a head coach with a 16-13 record. #apocalypse
They have to account for inflation.:p

Did you call into Swain Event today?

I think a lot of that isn't necessarily because they expect him to be one of the best coaches in the country but possibly because they just don't want to go into the hire/fire/hired-away spiral so many other programs have dealt with. They're locking him in whether he's competing for championships or winning 2 games. They can't fire him and others can steal him. Valuing stability.

I think a lot of that isn't necessarily because they expect him to be one of the best coaches in the country but possibly because they just don't want to go into the hire/fire/hired-away spiral so many other programs have dealt with. They're locking him in whether he's competing for championships or winning 2 games. They can't fire him and others can steal him. Valuing stability.
So I guess this re-baseline's salaries going forward? What's the top tier of coaching going to renogotiate for this offseason?

Just put my mortgage on it. Can't wait to be rich!!!
Haha. No getting rich in betting. More like getting broke for most people. If I bet as much as I have the past 10-12 days for a whole year, I'm fairly certain I would be thousands of dollars poorer. Just got really lucky.

I won enough to donate some and have enough to bet for free @ $1-$5 bets for a few months. Can't believe that. . . and it's all off the free $25 sign-up credit.

Betting makes some games more interesting. I've watched a few games and a couple different sports that I wouldn't have without making a bet on them. Whether the bet is for $.50 or $50, the level of entertainment and intensity increases by same amount just by having a bet placed, at least for me anyway.

Last edited:
Kiffshit. People talk like 09 was some magical year. We werent very good.

I do think Kiffin would have had us playing well. VPI manhandled us.
I don’t think he would’ve at that time - he was very immature then. He didn’t have a successful program as a head coach until FAU...

Because your idea was so simple and old fit on a cocktail napkin it will never be considered.

The biggest obstacle to something like this would be agreeing on 3 permanent rivals. I still think a 10 game SEC slate with no permanent rivals would be the most fair solution. You'd play each team in the conference two out of every three years. Two years out of three seems adequate to sustain the historical rivalries and allows new rivalries to form. We see more variety of SEC matchups and the schedules work out to be more fair over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back