Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michigan State set to offer Mel Tucker 10 year/$95 million makes me laugh out loud. They have lost their minds up there. Michigan State was 2-5 in 2020.
Colorado was 5-7 in 2019. Great run this year so far, but c'mon---that's Saban money for someone who has been a head coach with a 16-13 record. #apocalypse

I think the salary is insanely high but for Sparty it's either pay up or you'll always be a stepping stone.

Reactions: jkleno
Haha. No getting rich in betting. More like getting broke for most people. If I bet as much as I have the past 10-12 days for a whole year, I'm fairly certain I would be thousands of dollars poorer. Just got really lucky.

I won enough to donate some and have enough to bet for free @ $1-$5 bets for a few months. Can't believe that. . . and it's all off the free $25 sign-up credit.

Betting makes some games more interesting. I've watched a few games and a couple different sports that I wouldn't have without making a bet on them. Whether the bet is for $.50 or $50, the level of entertainment and intensity increases by same amount just by having a bet placed, at least for me anyway.

Good on you for donating. You have the spirit of Robin Hood. Just enjoy those $1-5 bets and keep having fun. You doing all of this on a $25 sign up credit, and the amount of parlays that you hit, would be enough to get you sponsored by the betting apps on social media. They love, LOVE, users that share winning parlay tickets so they can blast it out to everyone and make it seem like anyone could be the next Enki. Deposit today!

Stay sharp and have fun. The less you expect the more fun you have and more money you make in gambling. It's just how it works. Seems like you know that. That's good that you've identified that the action is the juice for you. Some people get trapped because they'll win like $1,000+ on a play and can't go back to winning/betting small because it's not as exciting.

I think we have a good one.
Agreed!

We "got lucky" with Heupel, maybe. But we swung big and hit a homerun with Danny White. That was a measured decision and it has worked out. The fact that he had previously vetted and trusted Heupel was a benefit of his prowess. So while we did kind of luck out with how good Heupel has been in year one, his hiring was a byproduct of nailing the AD hire first.

I think Danny White was also fully aware that Josh Heupel wanted the job, I don't think he was first choice. I'm sure other people in play had their favorite candidates and those folks were approached, but I'd say Danny White wanted Josh from the beginning and probably made sure he reminded everyone involved behind the scenes "I know a guy, and he'd love to be here."

Good on you for donating. You have the spirit of Robin Hood. Just enjoy those $1-5 bets and keep having fun. You doing all of this on a $25 sign up credit, and the amount of parlays that you hit, would be enough to get you sponsored by the betting apps on social media. They love, LOVE, users that share winning parlay tickets so they can blast it out to everyone and make it seem like anyone could be the next Enki. Deposit today!

Stay sharp and have fun. The less you expect the more fun you have and more money you make in gambling. It's just how it works. Seems like you know that. That's good that you've identified that the action is the juice for you. Some people get trapped because they'll win like $1,000+ on a play and can't go back to winning/betting small because it's not as exciting.
I can definitely see why people get in over their head, especially if you're having financial problems and hit on a big bet. "I'll take this $100 and turn it into $900, this bet cant miss", etc.

I plan to withdraw everything, except the amount I'm keeping for myself, and restrict the daily betting limit to $25. Then I'll be placing small bets and sticking with the original plan. . . which was:

1. Make $1-$5 bets on the free $25, until I reach $250 or go bust.

2. Make $5-$10 bets on the $250, until I reach $2,500 or bust

3. Make $20-$50 bets on the $2,500, until I reach $25,000 and so on.

I planned it like a game, where I'm simply trying to reach the next threshold to increase per bet play amounts. It's pretty easy to disregard the size of each bet this way, justified by the fact none of the $ is out of my wallet anyway.

That plan was sidetracked by getting so ridiculously lucky on the 1st 10-15 bets.

Michigan State set to offer Mel Tucker 10 year/$95 million makes me laugh out loud. They have lost their minds up there. Michigan State was 2-5 in 2020.
Colorado was 5-7 in 2019. Great run this year so far, but c'mon---that's Saban money for someone who has been a head coach with a 16-13 record. #apocalypse
So dumb.

Then he needs to step it up with getting the NIL rolling... we are missing out on recruits as other schools are coming up with the money...
We don’t have any clue what our nil deals look like…. Just a bunch of rumors that our nil deals suck and rumors that everyone is coming on board and it is getting ready to be nil city…. Who knows what is truly happening?

Last edited:
I think Danny White was also fully aware that Josh Heupel wanted the job, I don't think he was first choice. I'm sure other people in play had their favorite candidates and those folks were approached, but I'd say Danny White wanted Josh from the beginning and probably made sure he reminded everyone involved behind the scenes "I know a guy, and he'd love to be here."
I actually wonder if Heupel was his 1st choice all along, and all the big fish Franklin talk and Elliot was to make it look like we tried to swing big, but didn’t land. Also, it made White look like he really didn’t want to take Heupel from UCF, but had to since he couldn’t land other too choices.

Dang, made the mistake of going over the roster to see who won't be here next season, along with the potential of Evans and Hooker leaving early-- NOT.GOOD. UGH. Unless we raid the transfer portal, develop some younger players (which we should with this staff) and finish very strong recruiting, we may find ourselves taking a step back next season... Totally confident with our staff making the most and developing the roster we have, but if the horses aren't there, they simply aren't there... May not be until 2023 before we start really making some noise.

I can definitely see why people get in over their head, especially if you're having financial problems and hit on a big bet. "I'll take this $100 and turn it into $900, this bet cant miss", etc.

I plan to withdraw everything, except the amount I'm keeping for myself, and restrict the daily betting limit to $25. Then I'll be placing small bets and sticking with the original plan. . . which was:

1. Make $1-$5 bets on the free $25, until I reach $250 or go bust.

2. Make $5-$10 bets on the $250, until I reach $2,500 or bust

3. Make $20-$50 bets on the $2,500, until I reach $25,000 and so on.

I planned it like a game, where I'm simply trying to reach the next threshold to increase per bet play amounts. It's pretty easy to disregard the size of each bet this way, justified by the fact none of the $ is out of my wallet anyway.

That plan was sidetracked by getting so ridiculously lucky on the 1st 10-15 bets.
Dude you are eaten up with betting now haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back