Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have vivid memories of Lofton draining that 3 over Durant... I went to the game with my friend who was a Texas fan and gave him $hit for months.
Hahah. Crazy you mention that game specifically. It was pretty much what I was referring to.. I was 10 years old and it was the very first basketball game, much less a Tennessee one, that I’d ever watched in my life. The Memphis game 1 vs 2 is what sealed it for me, though. I can pretty much remember all 2 hours of that one like a movie I’ve seen 100 times.

yeah absolutely NOT--- I love this coach and staff, and have a ton of confidence based on what I've seen this season that this may truly and finally be the fit the program needs... it just sucks that as we impress and get momentum to finish the year on the field, we may take a step back in overall talent next season.

This was always gonna be a 4-5 year project so my expectations won’t change regardless of how season goes. But I was expecting 5 wins tops this season with what we had coming back so at this point I have full confidence in this staffs ability to get the most out of what they have.
I don’t believe next year will be as rough as many may be thinking. We may not have a better record next year but I don’t think we will regress either.

Couches burned in Knoxville the night that we beat Memphis. That was a crazy night.

I was at that game vs Memphis. Beale Street was crazy all day. I was living in Memphis at the time and wore all Orange to Church the next morning.

Last edited:
Miami is a better job than Ole Miss, and LSU is a better job than OU.

But I'm not sure if Riley OR Kiffin is even capable of rebuilding a program. LSU will be easy to do it, but Riley was handed the keys to a Ferrari at OU when he took over. Miami is in a full rebuild situation and they were quick to get rid of their last two coaches (Richt & Diaz if he's gone). Also a bit weird wasn't Manny in the process of leaving Miami just last season...

I'm not sure how it all unfolds, OU is about to be in the SEC so to me it seems a bit weird to make that move. Although LSU is arguably one of the easiest schools to recruit so maybe that's what Riley likes, know he can stay mostly in state and still fill out the roster with studs.

I think it was just the general negative commentary and the listing of the refs' names.

I think they were well within their right to voice their displeasure and frustrations. Officiating has become malpractice at best, rigged at worst. And for whatever reason the powers that be keep creating and imposing rules that are 100% subjective. They are injecting gray area into what should be a black-and-white (no pun) job.

I guess I didn't realize that a conference had the power to suspend a radio crew unless it was something very egregious. Even then, I thought the school would be the one to do it. That's awful.

I think they vacated some sections because someone threw something on the field. Once again, no one condones throwing things, but part of the problem is the poor officiating, which the conference CAN control.

I guess I didn't realize that a conference had the power to suspend a radio crew unless it was something very egregious. Even then, I thought the school would be the one to do it. That's awful.

I think they vacated some sections because someone threw something on the field. Once again, no one condones throwing things, but part of the problem is the poor officiating, which the conference CAN control.
they vacated a whole endzone of seating, at a crucial point in the game

Officiating lacks common sense, it's very frustrating to witness in my/our favorite sport.

We’re the same age. I feel ya. My dad thinks it’s so weird that most vols my age gravitate towards basketball more than football, but when I was 10-14 years old (most impressionable years), Lofton was here taking us to #1 and the football team was collapsing. I think it makes perfect sense.

Literally me to a T. I fell in love with UT through Bruce Pearl's basketball program. Eventually it led to the football side.

He inherited Tom Herman's 7-3 squad, I think most folk expected him to just pick right up and win. Also losing to Kansas was a bad loss.
Beyond bad...and at home.

I can't imagine if we lost to a 1-8 Vandy team in Neyland....woof. And Texas fans probably knew it was a possibility too.

0% probability with Hype, that feels good to know. He has us playing up to competition and boatracing those well below us.

Reactions: Volnut and MoCo_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back