Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theories:

(1) Evans told coaches he is declaring for NFL and not playing for the rest of the year. He was asked to enter the portal first, so that we can get the maximum one-year bonus for portal replacements. He has no intention of going to another school and was just doing UT a solid.
(2) He was told that he is going to be academically ineligible at UT next semester/season. If he does not go to the draft, then this gives him options to find another school where he would be eligible.
(3) He plans to play college ball next season and thinks he lost the job.
(4) The coaches think he is malingering his injury and wanted to get rid of him.
(5) He's a headcase and constantly looking around. Keep in mind he committed, decommitted, and then recommitted coming out of JUCO.
Do we get the extra spot? I thought it was only for people who declare after a certain date (sometime in December)?

Theories:

(1) Evans told coaches he is declaring for NFL and not playing for the rest of the year. He was asked to enter the portal first, so that we can get the maximum one-year bonus for portal replacements. He has no intention of going to another school and was just doing UT a solid.
(2) He was told that he is going to be academically ineligible at UT next semester/season. If he does not go to the draft, then this gives him options to find another school where he would be eligible.
(4) The coaches think he is malingering his injury and wanted to get rid of him.
(5) He's a headcase and constantly looking around. Keep in mind he committed, decommitted, and then recommitted coming out of JUCO.

Going with number 2.

Tiyon came here sight unseen right?
I guess he’s betting on finding a spot where he can be the focal point of an offense and try to make a run for the NFL $. 🤷🏾‍♂️
This is one of the craziest transfers I’ve ever seen. Timing wise. Mind boggling
Wouldn't surprise me if there was some tampering by a rival . Get a player and screw us out of a spot all in one .

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Theories:

Him entering the transfer portal right now actually hurts us with the 7 man increase. Has to be sometime in December according to the rule

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Us getting screwed out of extra recruiting spots by these early transfers has to stop or we will never catch up numbers-wise

That’s the part that upsets me for sure and not the losing Tiyon part bc whoever transfers here is gonna eat in this Heupel scheme. That’s the comforting part about our coaching.

Him entering the transfer portal right now actually hurts us with the 7 man increase. Has to be sometime in December according to the rule
This waiver will allow those programs to replace up to seven departing transfers above the 25-player limit. Schools will only be allowed to replace players who enter the portal after either the end of the institution’s fall term or Dec. 15, 2021, whichever is earlier, a source told The Athletic. Schools will only be allowed to replace players who are academically eligible at their new school.

This waiver will allow those programs to replace up to seven departing transfers above the 25-player limit. Schools will only be allowed to replace players who enter the portal after either the end of the institution’s fall term or Dec. 15, 2021, whichever is earlier, a source told The Athletic. Schools will only be allowed to replace players who are academically eligible at their new school.
Yup. I just quoted the same article. So either way he hurt us transfer portal wise.

That’s what I don’t get.. how could he be eligible at another school if he’s not eligible at UT?

It used to be the gospel truth on this board that you can tell if you have a great coach by how quickly they have success. That “truth” has run contrary to reality enough times that I’m not sure it’s widely held anymore.

Reflecting on Kiffin’s exceptional year 2 at Ole Miss calls to mind others in the last decade that have had great year 2s:
  • Kiffin at So Cal
  • Every Florida coach since Meyer
  • Sumlin at A&M
I’m sure I could go on. It’s going to be interesting to see if Kiffin can actually hold it all together going forward. This is the point when it crumbled for him at So Cal…

Not football related exactly. Academics are tough when you stay in one spot. Jumping around makes it easier. He had to move on one way or another
I know you have sources as you called the Pruitt debacle. Does this likely mean Juco? JW how he transfers to another P5 if his grades are so bad. Really hope it’s not to a team we have to play. He is a great talent.

That’s what I don’t get.. how could he be eligible at another school if he’s not eligible at UT?

I mean technically wouldn’t he just not advance a college year. He would just be a junior and then be required to complete a Spring and Summer semester to get eligible. A school can still accept you to their program you would just have to become eligible by Fall.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back