Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It used to be the gospel truth on this board that you can tell if you have a great coach by how quickly they have success. That “truth” has run contrary to reality enough times that I’m not sure it’s widely held anymore.

Reflecting on Kiffin’s exceptional year 2 at Ole Miss calls to mind others in the last decade that have had great year 2s:
  • Kiffin at So Cal
  • Every Florida coach since Meyer
  • Sumlin at A&M
I’m sure I could go on. It’s going to be interesting to see if Kiffin can actually hold it all together going forward. This is the point when it crumbled for him at So Cal…
Hiring Kiffin as coach is embodiment of 'cutting your nose off to spite your face.'

Yup. I just quoted the same article. So either way he hurt us transfer portal wise.
There's part of me that wonders if this is actually determined by the date they enter the portal or when they actually transfer. It makes no sense to punish a team for someone declaring mid semester when he can't transfer somewhere else until after that semester anyway. It's not like they can just go to the new school tomorrow. They have to finish out at TN or fail their classes.

There's part of me that wonders if this is actually determined by the date they enter the portal or when they actually transfer. It makes no sense to punish a team for someone declaring mid semester when he can't transfer somewhere else until after that semester anyway. It's not like they can just go to the new school tomorrow. They have to finish out at TN or fail their classes.
Yeah I wondered that too. Possibly a misinterpretation by The Athletic regarding the rule?

iu

Feels like there are still "under construction" signs all over this roster. Hard to even guess what it will eventually look like. But, I sure hope the coaches are getting the guys they want and letting go of the guys that will benefit us by heading elsewhere. We've seen the ability to develop. We've seen the ability to play call. The Roster is the question mark. Feels like it is still a big, fat question mark.

Yeah I wondered that too. Possibly a misinterpretation by The Athletic regarding the rule?
That's what I'm hoping. I know if a kid walks away from the program or doesn't find a home after entering the portal you don't get it replaced, but it would make more sense if the kid starts the fall semester then transfers to another school that should be the deciding factor in a replacement spot. Technically they are still on scholarship until the end of the fall semester.

That's what I'm hoping. I know if a kid walks away from the program or doesn't find a home after entering the portal you don't get it replaced, but it would make more sense if the kid starts the fall semester then transfers to another school that should be the deciding factor in a replacement spot. Technically they are still on scholarship until the end of the fall semester.
Yeah that’s a good point.

That’s what I think. This year the number of kids who have entered the portal in the middle of the season is a whole lot higher. It’s semantics, but I think they used enter the portal to really mean officially leave their program because previously most of the declarations to transfer happened after the fall semester was over.

I just asked my person about it and he said that it’s not a shock to him although he hadn’t heard anything…. He said that Evans is a huge Diva. He had not been practicing but was at the facility getting some rehab from time to time.
listening to players talk on nation. they're bought in. this team is tight. Dont know TE, but something is amiss. Players love this staff.

If true, good riddance we ride or die with Small and Wright. He barely played.

Huepel and staff can be good recruiters, and I think are. Gotta start showin' some results.

I just asked my person about it and he said that it’s not a shock to him although he hadn’t heard anything…. He said that Evans is a huge Diva. He had not been practicing but was at the facility getting some rehab from time to time.

If we pull Tank or Gibbs (if they enter the portal) I won’t give two *****.

I mean technically wouldn’t he just not advance a college year. He would just be a junior and then be required to complete a Spring and Summer semester to get eligible. A school can still accept you to their program you would just have to become eligible by Fall.

Every year a player is enrolled that player has to advance 20% toward a degree. It’s always harder for a juco guy. So if he is. Indeed in academic trouble he’s got real work to do transferring.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
The NCAA with NIL and these silly transfer rules has set up a minor league system for the top teams.
They can send down players that don't cut the mustard and can cherry pick who they want from rivals.

Change my mind.
it takes away so much from a fan perspective. My 12 year old told me the news this morning and said I don’t even like college sports anymore with all these transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back