Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
My recollection is that plenty of people said it was a mistake to let him go - due to recruiting - and I am quite sure they were right. Should have made an offer he couldn't refuse.
He wanted to coach his position group…anything else he refused.

Reactions: i2amavol
I had a blockage. Basically one of the long cords digesting food got tangled and stopped working. So they had to go in and untangle it and let it come back. Still at the hospital with a tube from my nose to my stomach which really sucks. But feel well other than that. Thanks for asking!
Glad you are on the mend side of it. Get better man

We lost by five on the road, to a good team...with our by far two best players out...and you guys are bitching about Barnes?...you guys SUCK.

I thought we were going to get hammered by 10-20 as soon as the news dropped...Barnes did something right.

Wait till we’re in year 4 with Heupel. Making bowl games consistently. Consistently in the top 25, pumping guys into the league.

If we haven’t won the SEC, there will be plenty of people in here wanting him fired - longing for the 2010s with all those lovely coaching searches, 7 loss seasons, and utter irrelevance.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

GAMEDAY GO BIG ORANGE!!!

I agree to an extent. SEC is gonna be a dog fight and when you have a chance to get a big win like that, need to take advantage.

Gonna be a fun season. I think they can make some postseason noise.
There was no way they were winning that game, or as you put it "take advantage" with Chandler and Fulky out...don't blame the team...don't blame Barnes...they tried their best.

What advantage was it that they were supposed to take exactly?...because they fought hard and had a chance against a good team on the road at full strength?

I give them all the credit for even making it a chance.

Wait till we’re in year 4 with Heupel. Making bowl games consistently. Consistently in the top 25, pumping guys into the league.

If we haven’t won the SEC, there will be plenty of people in here wanting him fired - longing for the 2010s with all those lovely coaching searches, 7 loss seasons, and utter irrelevance.
I say it a lot lately..

We have the best fanbase..
We have the worst fanbase..

Both statements are true.

After all the garbage basketball teams I have seen at UT...I am thankful that we have a great coach, who draws some great talent, and puts a pretty good team out there every year.

I would love to win a title in basketball, but that is not the be all end all to me. If Barnes ever gets a couple of bona fide shooters on a team, not necessarily scorers, then he will go deep in the Dance.

Give him a Chris Lofton...and he will win a title, or get really close.

After all the garbage basketball teams I have seen at UT...I am thankful that we have a great coach, who draws some great talent, and puts a pretty good team out there every year.

I would love to win a title in basketball, but that is not the be all end all to me. If Barnes ever gets a couple of bona fide shooters on a team, not necessarily scorers, then he will go deep in the Dance.

Give him a Chris Lofton...and he will win a title, or get really close.
He has one. He refuses to play him

Reactions: Tri-CitiesVol
Lot of handwringing after we almost beat a top 20 team on the road down are two best players….one each in the front court and back court.

It would’ve served many well to watch expecting to lose because of that. Team fought hard. Could’ve stole one. Missed some leadership at the end. Will be better down the road for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back