Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot of handwringing after we almost beat a top 20 team on the road down are two best players….one each in the front court and back court.

It would’ve served many well to watch expecting to lose because of that. Team fought hard. Could’ve stole one. Missed some leadership at the end. Will be better down the road for it
The same thing is said every year...and they get bounced early in March...it's systemic at this point

I want to see Hooker throwing deep TDs to a Velus and Tillman late in the 4th quarter. F Purdue and their cheating ass basketball team. I don’t care if they are playing cheerleaders at LB and WR.

Run it up.

I want to run it up, but I kind of want to see the young guys get a chance to do it. I mean pull Hooker, but keep the play call the same and let Milton and some of these other WRs get a chance to put points on the board.

If Hyatt ends up catching a few deep TDs maybe it'll get his confidence right for next year, same for Holiday or Calloway.

Last edited:
I want to run it up, but I kind of want to see the young guys get a chance to do it. I mean pull Hooker, but keep the play call the same and let Milton and some of these other WRs get a chance to put point on the board.

If Hyatt ends up catching a few deep TDs maybe it'll get his confidence right for next year, same for Holiday or Calloway.
This is why bowl games are important; not for extra stats for the starters, or an extra win on the record, but for the guys you want to step up next year to practice and get an audition in a very real game situation but with ultimately low stakes.

People bluster and moan about Barnes as though Super Coach (who wins all the titles and plays all the fan faves in the final 40 seconds of every game) is just waiting by his phone for the Tennessee AD to call and finally give him a shot at that Tennessee job…

Lol!!
Idc if Barnes ever even makes another deep run in the tournament. If he continues as is until retirement he’ll have laid such a solid foundation that we’ll be able to pick just about any coach to follow him. It’ll be the opposite of the football hiring situation.

Too many people expect a championship in a sport that is extremely hard to win one. Unlike football its very easy to have a bad game in the tournament and lose to a team much less talented than you. We have yet to see anything close to that in the CFP.

All true, but good teams find a way to win when it matters. They should have won this game.
I would add that it took a tremendous performance to get where they were, which is, should have won. They played extremely well to give them a chance to win. Just needed to finish it and I agree it's disappointing that we didn't close it out.

There was no way they were winning that game, or as you put it "take advantage" with Chandler and Fulky out...don't blame the team...don't blame Barnes...they tried their best.

What advantage was it that they were supposed to take exactly?...because they fought hard and had a chance against a good team on the road at full strength?

I give them all the credit for even making it a chance.
Proud of the fight. They led for about thirty minutes. They were very much in that game. You are taking what I said and blowing it up into something much bigger.

All true, but good teams find a way to win when it matters. They should have won this game.
I would add that it took a tremendous performance to get where they were, which is, should have won. They played extremely well to give them a chance to win. Just needed to finish it and I agree it's disappointing that we didn't close it out.
They’re Alabama and we’re Tennessee. Presently and historically inferior to the Tide in athletics.
In football, yes. In athletics, no.

Idc if Barnes ever even makes another deep run in the tournament. If he continues as is until retirement he’ll have laid such a solid foundation that we’ll be able to pick just about any coach to follow him. It’ll be the opposite of the football hiring situation.

Too many people expect a championship in a sport that is extremely hard to win one. Unlike football its very easy to have a bad game in the tournament and lose to a team much less talented than you. We have yet to see anything close to that in the CFP.

Yep. Plus, these are football fans watching basketball. In football with a short season, you pretty much have to win every game. Not so in basketball. It’s a long season and we have plenty of time to improve.

Also, the blue bloods in basketball show you how it’s done. Their coaches clearly don’t win titles every year, but they keep them around as long as they are bringing in recruits, making the tourney and winning at a pretty high percentage. That is, as long as they have a shot every year.

Coach K would have been fired many times over by our fanbase for how many early round flops he had at Duke…

I’m nervous only because we are so confident. I know we are fans, and that doesn’t matter, but it still weirds me out
If their QB, WR1, WR2 & 1st round DE are out then there is zero reason it shouldn’t be 42-17 type of game for the Vols.

The line is up to -7.5 now. It has consistently risen over the last 24 hours. Might be up to -9 or more by kickoff. If any rumor is true that their QB is out, then we may see the line have a crazy jump like the basketball game last night when it became public that Chander and Fulky were out.

Tough loss for the BasketVols. Hate losing to Bama. Several guys were sick (non-Covid) and played anyway or we would've been down a few more players. Leading most of the game, then giving up a Bama run to let them steal it in the final minutes is a hard way to lose. We just didn't have it at the end. Need to get healthy and get the next one.

Let's win big today for InVol's dad. Go Vols!

Last edited:
Yep. Plus, these are football fans watching basketball. In football with a short season, you pretty much have to win every game. Not so in basketball. It’s a long season and we have plenty of time to improve.

Also, the blue bloods in basketball show you how it’s done. Their coaches clearly don’t win titles every year, but they keep them around as long as they are bringing in recruits, making the tourney and winning at a pretty high percentage. That is, as long as they have a shot every year.

Coach K would have been fired many times over by our fanbase for how many early round flops he had at Duke…
That’s the main issue that’s plagued Barnes his whole career….. no one truly believes that we have a shot….. I do like Barnes and want him as our coach for as long as he wants to be here.

Hate losing to bama after leading the entire game. I hope we get them later in the season with a healthy roster, and less Bailey. Vols win by 3tds today!

Tough loss for the BasketVols. Hate losing to Bama. Several guys were sick and played anyway or we would've been down a few more players. Leading most of the game, then giving up a Bama run to let them steal it in the final minutes is a hard way to lose. We just didn't have it at the end. Need to get healthy and get the next one.

Let's win big today for InVol's dad. Go Vols!

Barnes played sick kids. Ugh. Fahr Barnes. [/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back