Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would add that it took a tremendous performance to get where they were, which is, should have won. They played extremely well to give them a chance to win. Just needed to finish it and I agree it's disappointing that we didn't close it out.

In football, yes. In athletics, no.
They’re superior historically in the two sports that matter. Football and Men’s basketball.

Reactions: IH8TheHaslams
Barnes played sick kids. Ugh. Fahr Barnes. [/b]

Not COVID. Thought I'd better clarify before people run with the rumor and the media does their typical clickbait hatchet job: "Vols Thumb Nose at COVID Protocols, Play Sick Kids." (The usual suspects are probably already typing.)

That’s the main issue that’s plagued Barnes his whole career….. no one truly believes that we have a shot….. I do like Barnes and want him as our coach for as long as he wants to be here.
That's why I don't like him. He will have us decent and competitive during the regular season. But I don't think he ever wins in Nashville or makes a FF.

Not COVID. Thought I'd better clarify before people run with the rumor and the media does their typical clickbait hatchet job: "Vols Thumb Nose at COVID Protocols, Play Sick Kids." (The usual suspects are probably already typing.)
Probably something more harmful to elite athletes. But hey, it’s not Covid cold so they can play!

As Exhibit ZZZ to my long standing argument entitled “Enjoy the winning coach you have,” I recommend folks go check out Indiana basketball.

By all measures, they have an infinitely better tradition than Tennessee, combined with a rabid fanbase that loves the sport. Yet they have been wandering in the wilderness for quite some time, cycling coaches and wallowing in irrelevance.

Barnes has the Vols in the top 25 most years, in the tourney pretty much every year.

Enjoy the winning coach you have!

I believe we have a shot
I don’t bc he hasn’t proven he can….. something is always missing from his teams…. He did make one final four when TJ Ford wouldn’t allow them to lose…. I don’t want him fired and am happy with where our program is…. I’m trying to be content with what he has shown to be his ability as a coach.

Reactions: reVOLution33
I don’t bc he hasn’t proven he can….. something is always missing from his teams…. He did make one final four when TJ Ford wouldn’t allow them to lose…. I don’t want him fired and am happy with where our program is…. I’m trying to be content with what he has shown to be his ability as a coach.

Crazy argument. He can’t win it all because he never has. Hmm.

There has to be a first time for everything, right?

Yes, good teams find a way to close that game, they had it won.

And Fulky has not been very consistent this year. He's given us minutes in some games and not much more, others he's been great.

Watching our BB team without Fulky and Chandler is like watching next year's team. Who is going to replace these guys?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Watching our BB team without Fulky and Chandler is like watching next year's team. Who is going to replace these guys?
I had to watch stupid espn gamecast cause the power knocked out tv with the storm. I didn't even realize we didnt have those guys playing. . . I'm an idjit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back