Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m angry about losing to Alabama. Still won’t make excuses for the team, even without our two most important players. Yes, Barnes has his faults and I get angry with his stubbornness all the time, especially with his rotations. But every time I want to get angry, I go back and watch this clip. We have a good man leading our program and does things the right way.

That's why I don't like him. He will have us decent and competitive during the regular season. But I don't think he ever wins in Nashville or makes a FF.

Considering no coach in UT history has won in Nashville OR made a FF why are you expecting more from Barnes?

I'll be honest I want to see him at about 70% win percentage and then if he can make an Elite Eight I'd be pretty happy with his tenure here. If he manages to win the SEC Tournament and add another regular season title or two I'll be over the moon happy.

Yes, good teams find a way to close that game, they had it won.

And Fulky has not been very consistent this year. He's given us minutes in some games and not much more, others he's been great.

Volnation Axiom: all good teams always win all close games in which they hold a late lead

Hmm….

I’m angry about losing to Alabama. Still won’t make excuses for the team, even without our two most important players. Yes, Barnes has his faults and I get angry with his stubbornness all the time, especially with his rotations. But every time I want to get angry, I go back and watch this clip. We have a good man leading our program and does things the right way.

That’s awesome.. how would you not want your son to play for that guy?

That’s the main issue that’s plagued Barnes his whole career….. no one truly believes that we have a shot….. I do like Barnes and want him as our coach for as long as he wants to be here.
Give Barnes a shooter...a real shooter or two and I believe. He very well could have won in 19...we lost and it had nothing to do with him. He built a team that could win it, and building teams that can win it is what is important.

Outside of Bruce we have never had a coach that could build teams that COULD win it, and he didn't do it at any better pace than Barnes.

Here's what we as fans need to look at with this Barnes era of basketball.

1. He's a top 5 paid coach (other names notice this)
2. He's recruiting extremely well here at UT (other names notice this AND it was a knock on him early in his career here)
3. He's winning, other than the 2019-20 season he's been good for 60%+ since rebuilding his first 2 years here. And that season was an odd one with having Turner gone after 11 games and scrambling to get Santi/Plavsic here and eligible. Sadly Bowden/Jalen Johnson just weren't good enough to shoulder the extra weight they had to with Bone not returning and Turner going down. I fully believe had Turner played the full year we would have won another 6+ games

So whoever the next HC may end up being they should arrive with a fanbase hungry for basketball. TBA at near capacity and an AD in place that has shown a willingness to pay near the top for the position.

Yes, good teams find a way to close that game, they had it won.

And Fulky has not been very consistent this year. He's given us minutes in some games and not much more, others he's been great.
Your ilk are the worst of this fanbase...there is no one who will ever live to your corrosive expectations.

They had no business even being in that game and if you are smart you know that.

I don't want to argue with you anymore..so have a nice life 🙋‍♂️

Volnation Axiom: all good teams always win all close games in which they hold a late lead

Hmm….

Sure, some are being over the top. That loss stings a little, mainly because we should have won it, in spite of missing players.

The sky isn't falling and moral victories don't count. We'll be a tournament team when all is said and done. Hopefully our young guys gain the experience needed between now and then to give us a shot at making a decent run in the tourney.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
the way the SEC is rolling in bowl games Im leaning Pedo St
Trying to build a parlay. Have 6 solid picks, but on the fence with this game. I want PSU, cause their + odds and bump the parlay way up.

Trying to decide the picks for the PSU v Arky, Ole Miss v Baylor, and Kentucky v Iowa games. Any insight would be appreciated from anyone.

Your ilk are the worst of this fanbase...there is no one who will ever live to your corrosive expectations.

They had no business even being in that game and if you are smart you know that.

I don't want to argue with you anymore..so have a nice life 🙋‍♂️
No one's arguing except you. I've not been corrosive or even negative toward this team. You either have me mistaken for someone else or you are experiencing an episode of some sort, have a good day.

Give Barnes a shooter...a real shooter or two and I believe. He very well could have won in 19...we lost and it had nothing to do with him. He built a team that could win it, and building teams that can win it is what is important.

Outside of Bruce we have never had a coach that could build teams that COULD win it, and he didn't do it at any better pace than Barnes.
I agree with this, we also got unlucky and ran into a very hot team. I think this team gets better and has potential, don't think it's as good as that team though.

Reactions: OrangenSC

Not having your two best players is not a f'n excuse.

Reactions: hooter vol
Trying to build a parlay. Have 6 solid picks, but on the fence with this game. I want PSU, cause their + odds and bump the parlay way up.

Trying to decide the picks for the PSU v Arky, Ole Miss v Baylor, and Kentucky v Iowa games. Any insight would be appreciated from anyone.

I like Baylor vs Ole Miss. Baylor showed a lot of grit in that Big 12 Championship game. I lean KY vs Iowa. Iowa is way overrated IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back