Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clemson with 11 straight 10-win seasons

That’s impressive

Tennessee only has 19 10-win seasons in its entire history

…I’m old enough to remember Tennessee fans complaining that Fulmer had reached his ceiling and was just a 10-win coach…

😂
To be fair the 12 game season took off around our downturn.

That’s impressive

…I’m old enough to remember Tennessee fans complaining that Fulmer had reached his ceiling and was just a 10-win coach…

😂
The fact that Clemson has looked as average-to-bad as they have this year and still went 9-3 regular season…well that’s just a testament to how dang weak the ACC truly is

It goes beyond just having a shooter…. He has had Kevin Durant and couldn’t do much in the tourney…. There is just something missing there…. He is 24-24 in the tourney…. Compare that with coach K who is 97-30…. Bruce Pearl is 15-10 as well so he wins at a better pace as well….. I saw a graph that showed 30 of the best coaches in the last 20-30 years and Barnes was the third worse in NCAA tournament productivity ahead of only Norm Stewart and Lou Henson.

I am happy to have Barnes and do not want him fired… it’s ok to discuss his short comings….I wish he could figure out what is hindering his success and when March begins.
F'n basketball hinders his success and you leave out the fact that Pearls "pace" was no better before that one big run...Coach K is one of the best, if not the best of modern times since the Dance went to 64.

I am not putting Barnes up there with them, but he has done something freaking right to have that many games in the tourney.

Was it his fault Durant choked? Was it?

Reactions: hooter vol
Just wish we had that one shoot the lights out guy. One that when the game needs to be put away he steps up and drains it on a consistent basis.

We have them. Everyone has a cold night sometimes. VB has consistently hit shots in the past, just not this game. Down the stretch, two guards in foul trouble added significant difficulty. Having our two best players out was probably the biggest difference. I am old school in that I would rather drive the lane for higher percentage shots while also increasing opponents fouls than rely on the 3.

No inside information, just passing along what I am hearing from several Purdue Fans at the hotel that I am staying at. They are saying there are rumors of multiple covid cases with the team. Starting QB is one they mentioned

Reactions: HeadVol77 and ugg

That’s impressive

😂
For one Clemson has dominated the pussified ACC and played garbage schedules every year.

Barnes is solid coach. Nothing special. Better than average and a great guy from all accounts. I just hate losing to bama in almost everything even with guys out. It’s just deflating. With that being said there was great effort last night and I hope we can get everyone back healthy and playing well. Let’s whoop Purdue today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back