Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you keep posting this guy? He was never amusing but even if you thought he was you surely can't still find him funny.
Honestly, I thought long and hard about it. I keep posting this guy because it clearly makes you angry haha.

Do we have any updates from:
@Wickman, @Smyrna ATL Vol or @24/7vol

You all are in my thoughts
Wife and I are still fine. My boy is keeping his fever down to mild levels when we take meds every 4 hours but anything after four hours and his entire demeanor changes and fever skyrockets. So we’re staying on top of it. Our daughter’s fever is hovering around 100.2 or so, which has us nervous because the pediatrician told us that if it exceeds 100.4 we need to take her to the emergency room since she is so young. She’s a little fussy and feeding a lot more than usual, but isn’t inconsolable. Right now they’re fighting strong. My boy is still excited for the Vols game so he feels good enough for that 😉 We appreciate prayers and thoughts so, so much. Vols by 23 today. GBO!

Come on North Carolina. I want us to be the first SEC team to win the bowl game… also hopefully the only SEC team to win one. Screw the SEC homer nonsense. They’ve screwed us for years and everyone else has had no issues bathing in Tennessee’s administration incompetence last 20 years. With White I have no doubts we’ll be at the top again

No inside information, just passing along what I am hearing from several Purdue Fans at the hotel that I am staying at. They are saying there are rumors of multiple covid cases with the team. Starting QB is one they mentioned
Purdue board was big on this...but today saying AOC is a go. Guess we'll see. I know bettors are sitting piles on the side waiting on this. He's literally their last hope.

Reactions: volontherun
Here's what we as fans need to look at with this Barnes era of basketball.

1. He's a top 5 paid coach (other names notice this)
2. He's recruiting extremely well here at UT (other names notice this AND it was a knock on him early in his career here)
3. He's winning, other than the 2019-20 season he's been good for 60%+ since rebuilding his first 2 years here. And that season was an odd one with having Turner gone after 11 games and scrambling to get Santi/Plavsic here and eligible. Sadly Bowden/Jalen Johnson just weren't good enough to shoulder the extra weight they had to with Bone not returning and Turner going down. I fully believe had Turner played the full year we would have won another 6+ games

So whoever the next HC may end up being they should arrive with a fanbase hungry for basketball. TBA at near capacity and an AD in place that has shown a willingness to pay near the top for the position.

I agree with the sentiment, up till that last paragraph. That paragraph assumes the existence of a mythical Super Coach who is just a phone call away. Indiana, UCLA, etc can make similar claims, yet still each has spent time cycling coaches and wallowing in (mostly) mediocrity. That is, there is no sure fire Super Coach who you can pay untold millions to who will come in and win them all from Day 1. Coaching searches are a crap shoot

Enjoy the winning coach you have!

Clemson with 11 straight 10-win seasons

That’s impressive

Tennessee only has 19 10-win seasons in its entire history

…I’m old enough to remember Tennessee fans complaining that Fulmer had reached his ceiling and was just a 10-win coach…

😂
Must be a young'en.

During one of our golden ages we only played 10 regular season games, not 12 like these days. And many fewer before Neyland...9...8..7...as were winning titles.

Shoot, we were playing 11 game regular seasons until 2002! MANY of those "10-win" seasons for UT were equivalent to 11 and 12 win...and some undefeated...seasons.

For one Clemson has dominated the pussified ACC and played garbage schedules every year.

They’ve won 3 national titles in the modern era, which began with the formation of Division I-A in 1978. We’ve won 1. I haven’t done the math but they probably have a similar (or better) record to Tennessee since then.

I think as fans we have to get real about where Tennessee sits in the pantheon of college football. In the top 20 for sure, but our place among the truly elite is tenuous at best.

…That is until we start having coaching stability, consistent bowl and top 25 seasons, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back