Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know why he recruits better.
show-me-the-money-gif.gif

My only problem with Vescovi is that he plays under control almost to a fault. Would like to see him push the ball in turnover transition and figure out how to get to the line in the process.
that's difference between International ball and Murcan ball. Honestly I love the transition game, which this team wants to do. Loves to do, in fact id argue were better offensively when we are running.

Bucs are same way. Not sure why these coaches want to slow it down and play defense all day. THAT is why folks love Pearl, his bball is exciting.

Reactions: 99Vol
Rick Barnes has brought stability, credibility, and a decent level of success on the floor. I appreciate him for that. But I still love Bruce Pearl. I think he has a higher ceiling as a coach (albeit with the potential for landing his school in hot water with the NCAA), and I really believe he could have won a national championship here. He probably would have won one at Auburn a couple of years ago when they made the Final 4 if their best player hadn’t been injured earlier in the tournament. Aside from that, in all my years of sports fandom, I have never seen a coach and fan base embrace each other the way Bruce and UT fans did. I know a lot of people disagree (and fair enough), but Bruce is my guy. And I still wish we would have pulled an LSU and said “screw the NCAA, we’re rolling with him until the wheels fall off.”

I mean...Pearl has Walker Kessler and Jabari Smith so this year's team isn't as up & down the court as he's had in the past.

2 NBA bigs though makes any team more exciting.

Someone pointed out on VQ that this kid may be one to watch. Recently entered the portal, has been followed by Golesh:
followed by Coach Chop and Kelsey Pope also...
-Hubbs mentioned him on morning podcast, TN will be evaluating

Also mentioned some rinse repeat stuff....
**Transfers looking at....
DB's other than Joseph from N Western....none
RB....Christian Beal, Mack in prelimanry stages of talks
**Recruiting 2023
Nico bkup if not Nico(TN still in good pos)....Donte Moore/Michigan

Just read that KNS thinks Vescovi is Tennessee's best player. He certainly had best game last night, other than the NY PG. Zakai kid is special. Passes through legs, threes, controlling movement.

Idiocy of lazy reporting.
Best probably not. Most consistent yes. He will be a decent 2 guard at the next level

2 more thoughts--

Vescovi starts driving to the basket and getting fouled, it could be a major game changer.

If Barnes doesn't do something of substance in the next year or so with this current talent, it will be harder and harder to keep getting these high tier recruits. We will probably see a drop in talent. UT with Barnes seems to be the place where high character talent that is in the one and done scenario will come to get that old school one year development and will then go to the NBA... he got lucky with Admiral and Williams...

Vescovi isn’t a good enough athlete to regularly attack and finish at the basket. He’s best as an off ball spot up shooter.

This team needs for Chandler to keep developing and to get some consistency out of Fulky and James.

Vescovi isn’t a good enough athlete to regularly attack and finish at the basket. He’s best as an off ball spot up shooter.

This team needs for Chandler to keep developing and to get some consistency out of Fulky and James.
Fulky looked sluggish last night - I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t still a little in recovery from being sick. Chandler too - looked off of his game.

Why are we going after rb’s in the portal? Is one planning on transferring out because we have really good depth there, not to mention we are already bringing in 2 really good rb’s

Reactions: Vols4us
Why are we going after rb’s in the portal? Is one planning on transferring out because we have really good depth there, not to mention we are already bringing in 2 really good rb’s

Still think they are expecting Small to fix his shoulders and miss a lot of time next year. Could also be looking to move Beckwith or Whitehead around.

Reactions: BigSteve09
Barnes calling card is defense, which is great for the regular season. Win a lot of games with good defense.

Tournament time is about offense and scoring guards. Think it’s why we tend to sputter imo. This team seems ripe for a 1st round exit this year with the scoring struggles

Still think they are expecting Small to fix his shoulders and miss a lot of time next year. Could also be looking to move Beckwith or Whitehead around.
I think it’s too early to make judgments on if Small will miss a lot of time next year, but if they are expecting him to have some surgeries this offseason then It may make sense. Even then though we would still have Wright, Williams, Sampson, and I dont think they’ll move Whitehead but they may move Beckwith

I think it’s too early to make judgments on if Small will miss a lot of time next year, but if they are expecting him to have some surgeries this offseason then It may make sense. Even then though we would still have Wright, Williams, Sampson, and I dont think they’ll move Whitehead but they may move Beckwith

Hard to know what you got though, that's 2 freshmen who haven't even been on campus yet. We have plenty of depth as in bodies on the roster, but if Small is slow to get back up to speed then you really only have Wright with significant experience. May be why they want a transfer.

We're not Bama or Georgia where we're bringing in guys that are top 50 players and 5 star RBs exactly. I don't mind it, we were thin all season at RB so more bodies isn't a bad thing imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back