Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have signed way more than enough of them over the years that we should have always been no less than third in the SEC east instead of often struggling just to stay out of last place over the last decade.
Yes, more than enough to be a competitive team, but not enough so that we think "Oh well, we have 20 more elite recruits in this class, so it's OK if this one guy didn't pan out."

It’s going to be very hard to get our roster up to 85 if we keep losing players to the portal
We were over…still need more portal magic to disappear players. What have we “lost” today? Backup long-snapper? Running back who didn’t play over a walk- on? Edge who was dropping in the rotation and looking at a possible position change? Need MORE said “losses”.

We were over…still need more portal magic to disappear players. What have we “lost” today? Backup long-snapper? Running back who didn’t play over a walk- on? Edge who was dropping in the rotation and looking at a possible position change? Need MORE said “losses”.
I thought we only had like 60 something players. I can’t keep up with this stuff

Reactions: SugarCC
The thing is, we really don’t know who all they are contacting and everyone on here is freaking out like they aren’t doing anything. It’s gonna play out over time. We don’t play tmr. That’s my take.
A lot depends on if better Edge rushers jump in the portal. If we miss on Verse, what edges are currently left that are an improvement over Baron? I'm not sure there currently are any. Doesn't mean one won't jump in, but it's not as simple as "take someone from the portal" either.

NCAA needs to come out and address that COVID year players should not count against the 85. They opened up that can of worms knowing teams would ultimately get screwed by their stupidity. You cannot give everyone a free year and then still enforce scholarship limits. It's just dumb.

I thought we only had like 60 something players. I can’t keep up with this stuff

+20 with current class and then you also got at least 1 scholarship transfer guy.

66 was the number I think we started with prior to ESD (that number already removed graduating players & those declaring for the draft)

So if ya go simple and just count bodies, 87 after we signed class.

- 3 from today's portal news

84 as of now...probably see a few more leaving as I think staff wants to add some more guys in this class. Everyone keeps saying Navy is a PWO so he's not counting against the 84 right now.

Are you dismissing our full recruiting class for next year? I think we're at 84 players for next year currently...including transfers in/out, draft departures, and people electing to stay.
I guess. But we also had guys graduate and leave too, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back