Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha. I thought you might have thought Verse was a juco.

Typically I would think a guy coming from Albany would be a late bloomer and a project. While I do think he's a late bloomer, he's impressive. He's the type of guy that gets drafted in the 4th or 5th round out of BFE that becomes a pro-bowler. Dude is there physically, so I'd love to see him opposite of Young.
I'm fine with him, but I'd want an insurance policy or a stronger guy like a Baron. Maybe we think one of our freshman are legit and can contribute next year, I just don't see that from anyone we've brought in so far though.

Reactions: SoilVol
NCAA needs to come out and address that COVID year players should not count against the 85. They opened up that can of worms knowing teams would ultimately get screwed by their stupidity. You cannot give everyone a free year and then still enforce scholarship limits. It's just dumb.
They gave a one year reprieve. One could conceivably stretch that out five years if allowed...and they would. I have no problem with it.

They gave a one year reprieve. One could conceivably stretch that out five years if allowed...and they would. I have no problem with it.
I think it's dumb. The NCAA gave everyone from that season an extra year of eligibility. Should they elect to take a "super senior" year, they should not count toward the 85. Let's face it, if they're really that good, they're not taking a super senior year, they're going pro. The only thing it does is help with depth. But are teams going to tell players, "Sorry, I know the NCAA gave you that extra year, but our numbers say you gotta go."?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Super Seniors count against the 85 this season and we added (so far) 20.
5*Aubrey Solomon and Ollie Lane trying to take the SUPER out of Senior…. I suspect we find out in short order how many of these guys “stick it out”based on our needs…

If you're going to tee it up, you have to let somebody hit it. Come on !!
R.429c98679c8a6e9ad163bc6f860733a0

Reactions: Brillovol
I think it's dumb. The NCAA gave everyone from that season an extra year of eligibility. Should they elect to take a "super senior" year, they should not count toward the 85. Let's face it, if they're really that good, they're not taking a super senior year, they're going pro. The only thing it does is help with depth. But are teams going to tell players, "Sorry, I know the NCAA gave you that extra year, but our numbers say you gotta go."?
They haven't been deprived of eligibility. They just need to be talented enough to warrant a spot. That's always been the case.

I disagree. There would be "Covid Seniors" for half a decade. One year band-aid now rip it off imo.
There could be, but the NCAA created this mess. They shouldn't have handed out a free year of eligibility to every player that season if they weren't going to account for it later.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
There could be, but the NCAA created this mess. They shouldn't have handed out a free year of eligibility to every player that season if they weren't going to account for it later.
The NCAA created Covid? Thought it was Wuhan Bats?

One Tennessee player not in the portal, and I'm surprised he's not since he was supposedly kicked off the team, is Kaeman Marley.

@Bassmaster_Vol

You should start a recruiting site that gives proper coverage to the transfer portal. I've not seen any site currently doing that, and the portal is only gonna grow in importance IMO.
247 is killing it. They have portal ratings and now a full class ranking that also includes transfers.

They were definitely ahead of the curve. Though, iirc those On3 guys are basically 247 people - so I bet they will too. Rivals and ESPN will continue to live in the dinosaur ages.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back