Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Tennessee player not in the portal, and I'm surprised he's not since he was supposedly kicked off the team, is Kaeman Marley.
Price said he was no longer on the team. Maybe sense he doesn't like to play school he may just quit . I had high hopes for him.

247 is killing it. They have portal ratings and now a full class ranking that also includes transfers.

They were definitely ahead of the curve. Though, iirc those On3 guys are basically 247 people - so I bet they will too. Rivals and ESPN will continue to live in the dinosaur ages.
I think they could do better and go more in depth. When they list measurables, it's still their measurables from when they were a recruit.

It's...exactly the prevailing opinion. Since it has PREVAILED. :D
Prevailing opinion would be the opinion of the majority, IMO. Opinion doesn't matter when you have a governing body that will do whatever they want, and normally, whatever they want is dysfunctional.

lol

Somebody get CJH on the horn and let him know the VN RF consensus of who goes and who stays for next season. Then fill him in who to get from the portal to shore up that D. Let's try to get this wrapped up by the weekend.
Fuzzy on the details of that consensus. Are we in agreeance that no one can be allowed to leave if they have functioning respiratory systems.

Evans played no school while he was here, so I don’t know what it is you don't get. The staff and admin have made it abundantly clear that they want actual student-athletes.
If he wasn't eligible, then he won't be able to play at Louisville. Either way, transferring doesn't help him. Don't get that move.

But you could be right, it could be a push from our side, but man idk. Given how little depth we have and how small that issue is, I can't see us pulling a Saban and pushing a kid out over just that.

Who knows. It's just weird.

Prevailing opinion would be the opinion of the majority, IMO. Opinion doesn't matter when you have a governing body that will do whatever they want, and normally, whatever they want is dysfunctional.
"Having most appeal OR INFLUENCE" also "Existing at a particular time; current." I'm comfortable with my PREVALENT terminology, :cool:

LWS posted yesterday that UT had 87 scholarship players (counting the 2022 signees). With the three announced just recently , if his numbers are actually correct, then UT is at 84.
#84 on scholarship according to LWS is TJ Carver (walk-on kicker from last year). LWS said Hubbs thinks he was put on scholarship last year. I have a hard time believing they would keep him on scholarship if they need the spot for a pash rusher or DB.

"Having most appeal OR INFLUENCE" also "Existing at a particular time; current." I'm comfortable with my PREVALENT terminology, :cool:
If you're comfortable being wrong, I'm not going to question it. You're probably used to it, being married and all.

Mediocre defense loses a mediocre player. Nothing to see.
Mediocre defense (51st out of 130, just above average YPP allowed) needs every player they can get.

Other view.

Wouldn't the logic be only really great defenses can afford losses and really bad defenses...well it just doesn't matter?

Middle of the road defenses need whoever can contribute to either stay put or make a move up.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
It started snowing here in the Boro a little before 8. It is 10 and I'll bet there is upwards of 2.5 inches on the ground and still coming down steady. A week ago it was 70 degrees and between the last snow and this one, we will have had probably close to 10 or more inches of snow in a week. That is more than we usually get in a year. Gall dang climate changes quick.

We have about 5" of snow now at my house in the Boro.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Baron: he didn't become the impact player here many had hoped but he was a solid contributor/starter. He's another body you have to replace and rather not have leave.
He was also progressing. He was a true sophomore with a COVID year of "development" his first year.

He was getting better, so yeah the potential was there. I think, if you put together your expected 10 best for 2022 Evans would have been top 3, probably top 2. Baron would have been top 10.

We need to hit on some really good pieces imo and should have 7 spots to do so when all said and done. Here's to hoping Verse hits as the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back