Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been admonished before for saying it but Tennessee 4 stars are equivalent to Florida low 3 stars.
Now let's go over our Florida 4* pickups....

😅😅🤣

Fact is most recruits (a majority) are "busts" because fans don't have realistic expectations.

Only 20% of 4 stars even get drafted at all. Fans seem to think 80% of their 4*s will be drafted one day. They also think 5*s are "sure things" and only half of them get drafted at all.

I think if expectations ever met reality, people could adjust what they think a "bust" is.

A kid that started a majority of his true freshman and sophomore seasons at an SEC school would come nowhere close to that definition. JJP was a bust if you want to see one.

Fwiw don't give 2 cents about Baron, but the reaction by some is laughable. Like he rode the bench his first 2 years...

Some of These kids have no loyalty to anything anymore. I could never be a contributor at UT and switch to Kentucky. Weak move.
You're also a fan of the team (many of these guys aren't) and don't have potentially millions of dollars of future income on the line.

It is stupid that Covid Seniors count against the 85
Tbf they did it last year as a one year waiver.

Wouldn't be surprised if that reappears. Things like that (and the additional 7 initial counters) seem to only happen once enough coaches have given that feedback.

But...right now...it is to our advantage, so I'd happily stay hush on it.

You're also a fan of the team (many of these guys aren't) and don't have potentially millions of dollars of future income on the line.
He was a starter and contributor here. Plus fairly certain he was dogging Kentucky after we beat them. It’s not as if it was a playing time issue and he left for that reason. He ran from getting coached by one of the best DL coaches in college and a team that had record breaking TFLs. I’m sorry but transferring to a rival in those circumstances shows you had no pride in something you committed to to begin with. He’s not going to gain anymore money going there than he would here.

He was a starter and contributor here. Plus fairly certain he was dogging Kentucky after we beat them. It’s not as if it was a playing time issue and he left for that reason. He ran from getting coached by one of the best DL coaches in college and a team that had record breaking TFLs. I’m sorry but transferring to a rival in those circumstances shows you had no pride in something you committed to to begin with. He’s not going to gain anymore money going there than he would here.
We don't know if he'll be correct in his assessment. Perhaps leaving here and going somewhere else won't work out for him. He might think that the grass is greener somewhere else and it could turn out that it isn't. My point is that these players (obviously) have a different set of priorities and incentives than fans do.

Correctly or incorrectly, if these players think they can increase their future value by leaving their current program, 99% of these guys will leave. Especially now that it is much easier to do so.

We don't know if he'll be correct in his assessment. Perhaps leaving here and going somewhere else won't work out for him. He might think that the grass is greener somewhere else and it could turn out that it isn't. My point is that these players (obviously) have a different set of priorities and incentives than fans do.

Correctly or incorrectly, if these players think they can increase their future value by leaving their current program, 99% of these guys will leave. Especially now that it is much easier to do so.
Just a shame that many these kids seem to have no pride in their universities anymore. Again if it were a playing time issue then no problem but he’s a starter and contributor.

Pretty bad when we can’t even do that at Tennessee for a player but Eastern Michigan can. Good for them.

I mean, it just takes one idiot.

I’m sure Eastern Michigan would do much more with an equivalent donation to their athletic program earmarked for football.

Reactions: KPT_VFL
Just a shame that many these kids seem to have no pride in their universities anymore. Again if it were a playing time issue then no problem but he’s a starter and contributor.
There's far too much at stake for some players to stay at their current school purely because of "pride in their university."

Should Joe Burrow have stayed at Ohio St because he had pride in his university?

If he wasn't eligible, then he won't be able to play at Louisville. Either way, transferring doesn't help him. Don't get that move.

But you could be right, it could be a push from our side, but man idk. Given how little depth we have and how small that issue is, I can't see us pulling a Saban and pushing a kid out over just that.

Who knows. It's just weird.
He is eligible. He took his classes. He was recruited by Pruitt and Company and stayed, but was not a fit with staff. He played, but left after season. He left. Staff did not push him - win -win

Rain has turned to snow in Kingsport.... With how cold its going to get tonight and how wet it is. The roads are going to be rough tomorrow.

There's far too much at stake for some players to stay at their current school purely because of "pride in their university."

Should Joe Burrow have stayed at Ohio St because he had pride in his university?
Did I not just say that “if playing time was an issue then no problem”? Or can you not read? Also didn’t know LSU and Ohio State were rivals.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I think your dad being fired by said university completely changes that equation.

I've been admonished before for saying it but Tennessee 4 stars are equivalent to Florida low 3 stars.
Even South Carolina 3 stars. At least in my region. Tennessee HS football just isn’t up to par with the rest of the south from what I’ve seen, especially if Maryville is the best y’all have to offer.

Reactions: Big Orange#1
He is eligible. He took his classes. He was recruited by Pruitt and Company and stayed, but was not a fit with staff. He played, but left after season. He left. Staff did not push him - win -win
Not a win when he was our best RB. By far. And if Small is out part of next season we'll be bad shape.

Maybe he wasn't a "fit" but that's just an assumption. Nobody knows. Nobody that even might know has said a thing. Making it all the more confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back