Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have about 5" of snow now at my house in the Boro.
We had 2.5" snow this morning, then it changed to sleet/freezing rain for 30-40 minutes. Then another 1 to 1.5" of snow.

The roads are already frozen over, at least mine is. I'm out in the middle of nowhere Culleoka. It was good weather for a 4 wheel drive UTV though.

Even South Carolina 3 stars. At least in my region. Tennessee HS football just isn’t up to par with the rest of the south from what I’ve seen, especially if Maryville is the best y’all have to offer.
South Carolina only averages 4 bluechippers a year. Even compared to their neighbor to the north and adjusting for population, they should be averaging 7-8. They have OK talent, but never seen anything showing they're underrated, especially with their flagship institution being awful for 99% of its existence.

Having big or well-coached high schools isn't a great metric. That said, I do think TN recruits do benefit from 247 being in Tennessee. I have a hard time imagining that doesn't lead to some unconscious biases and attention toward Tennessee recruits.

I’m going for $5 million. I can take out $250,000 a year and never touch the principal balance as long as the account makes a 5% return every year (prettty small and doable). Also, receive social security, dividends, interest, gains, etc. I doubt I could even spend 300k a year in retirement (hopefully no debt by then) so I can reinvestment a lot of money every year too.
4-6MM seems like the sweet spot

Mediocre defense (51st out of 130, just above average YPP allowed) needs every player they can get.

Other view.

Wouldn't the logic be only really great defenses can afford losses and really bad defenses...well it just doesn't matter?

Middle of the road defenses need whoever can contribute to either stay put or make a move up.

Tennessee is a top caliber SEC program. Shouldn’t be that hard to replace his caliber of production. Nothing against the kid it’s just the reality.

#84 on scholarship according to LWS is TJ Carver (walk-on kicker from last year). LWS said Hubbs thinks he was put on scholarship last year. I have a hard time believing they would keep him on scholarship if they need the spot for a pash rusher or DB.

Same with Labruzza as a Super Senior. Already carried him 5 years. Should have his master's by now. Time to move on and open a spot for a contributor.

Levine started every game up to Florida due to Cut’s emphasis on pass blocking. A lot of the futile comeback against the Gators was fueled by Jamal’s rushing. A full game and that might have been Peyton’s one victory against his nemesis. His coming out party was against UGA and the bulk of those 1300 yards were generated against the remainder of the schedule. He was a cheat code we waited to use.
I was at that game in Athens. One of my all-time favorite games. He put on a show.

I believe we struggle with 5-star guys. It seems the team was much better when we didn't have 5-star guys because they played as a team and within their roles.
I think it' simpler (imo). Those 5* guys are 1 and dones. That leaves a very small window. And we're comparing those couple of seasons to a handful of seasons where we didn't have them. Doesn't seem like a fair comparison.

I'll say this - they add enough to keep us consistently good. But I agree with you as far as...we need to be adding mid-high 4*s that can be developed over time and keep continuity. Like Nova, Baylor, Zaga can regularly do. And I think we've done a fine job of that with guys like Mashack and BHH recently. They'll pay off in a couple years.

Not a win when he was our best RB. By far. And if Small is out part of next season we'll be bad shape.

Maybe he wasn't a "fit" but that's just an assumption. Nobody knows. Nobody that even might know has said a thing. Making it all the more confusing.
Didn’t play enough…next!

Reactions: Orange.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back