Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is eligible. He took his classes. He was recruited by Pruitt and Company and stayed, but was not a fit with staff. He played, but left after season. He left. Staff did not push him - win -win
What does "not a fit with staff" mean?

He is eligible. He took his classes. He was recruited by Pruitt and Company and stayed, but was not a fit with staff. He played, but left after season. He left. Staff did not push him - win -win
Some say he did, some say he didn't..I don't know what to believed anymore. I know he would get a lot more publicity playing in the SEC versus playing on a garbage team in a garbage conference.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Cool. I assume you'd enjoy watching this sport if it went back to 1930s-style intramurals then?
And another thing, I wish every kid that want to be a pro could play in an NFL minor league and piss his life away with no education to fall back on.

I want college football to be amateur, and I would still watch the Tennessee Volunteers if they were a team of walk-ons playing other college teams made up of walk-ons. I have stated that on here dozens of times.

I assume you're one of these dudes that think words like loyalty and pride are stupid jokes.
It's a myth for the most part, yes, to get labor to undersell themselves to management/ownership. Especially when the enterprise in question brings in hundreds of millions of dollars per year. In regards to college athletics, loyalty and playing for the love of the game were definitely a bigger thing when the game brought in no money.

Why exactly should these kids be loyal to a school today? Would the school be loyal to them?

And another thing, I wish every kid that want to be a pro could play in an NFL minor league and piss his life away with no education to fall back on.

I want college football to be amateur, and I would still watch the Tennessee Volunteers if they were a team of walk-ons playing other college teams made up of walk-ons. I have stated that on here dozens of times.
You'd have to watch such a game in-person (it wouldn't be on TV), in about a 2500 seat stadium, and likely wouldn't be able to discuss it on a message board (because nobody else would care except you). I kind of have a feeling you wouldn't actually be interested in it.

It's a myth for the most part, yes, to get labor to undersell themselves to management/ownership. Especially when the enterprise in question brings in hundreds of millions of dollars per year. In regards to college athletics, loyalty and playing for the love of the game were definitely a bigger thing when the game brought in no money.

Why exactly should these kids be loyal to a school today? Would the school be loyal to them?

Why exactly are you here, to tell all of us Tennessee fanatics how stupid we are? I don't want them to be employees to start with, and I wish every mercenary would **** himself.

You'd have to watch such a game in-person (it wouldn't be on TV), in about a 2500 seat stadium, and likely wouldn't be able to discuss it on a message board (because nobody else would care except you). I kind of have a feeling you wouldn't actually be interested in it.
I have a feeling since it would still be the Tennessee Volunteers playing our rivals...that Neyland would still be full. The names on the jerseys mean nothing to me. I am a Vol because I am a Tennessean and I love Tennessee.

Why exactly are you here, to tell all of us Tennessee fanatics how stupid we are? I don't want them to be employees to start with, and I wish every mercenary would **** himself.
No, absolutely not. I'm just saying that once the sport started bringing in hundreds of millions of dollars a year, the stakes became very high for both the players and the programs in terms of the money that could be made, so naturally the sport became mostly about the money. There's no going back.

Also, a big reason why most of these players aren't loyal to schools anymore is because they know the schools/coaches aren't loyal to them. These coaches and their entire staffs leave at the drop of a hat for other jobs, sometimes before the season is even over, if they get offered more money. It's a coach's job to recruit and develop a player that might potentially take a current players' job - it happens all the time and is a huge reason these guys transfer. Broken promises left and right about playing time.

Reactions: Jack Burton
I have a feeling since it would still be the Tennessee Volunteers playing our rivals...that Neyland would still be full. The names on the jerseys mean nothing to me. I am a Vol because I am a Tennessean and I love Tennessee.
Neyland isn't full now. I don't think attendance would be great for games involving walk-ons.

There's far too much at stake for some players to stay at their current school purely because of "pride in their university."

Should Joe Burrow have stayed at Ohio St because he had pride in his university?
Joe burrow is a minuscule percentage of the 1500+ players in the transfer portal at any given time.

A much larger percentage of those guys will never see the NFL, and will regret not making relationships and connections while they were in school to help them in the real world rather than burning bridges at school to school trying to reach a pinnacle that they’ll never see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back