Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I learned that Kris Kristofferson was a helicopter pilot in the army and Tennessee Army National Guard.

He’s the most interesting man alive. Helicopter pilot, Army Captain (son of Air Force major general), Rhodes scholar, university athlete, published writer, great songwriter, singer, and member of a supergroup. And this isn’t even counting the women.

Reactions: OrangenSC
So the Lady Vols are 14-1? That's impossible! @InVOLuntary was adamant Pretty Holly couldn't coach.
They've played one real game and lost. Let's see where they are at the end of the season. I'll eat my crow when they beat someone significant. Kudos to the Lady Vols thus far though. Still can't recognize any organized offense.

I’m 25 and feel like I’m watching the fall of western civilization, wish I had your outlook. All of my peers are “smart,” but idealistically. How the world actually works is perverse to them, and they think they’re smart enough to change it to its core. The hubris of modern thought kills me.

The fact that you are aware is why I have my outlook.

I’m 25 and feel like I’m watching the fall of western civilization, wish I had your outlook. All of my peers are “smart,” but idealistically. How the world actually works is perverse to them, and they think they’re smart enough to change it to its core. The hubris of modern thought kills me.

More to the point though, you can imagine that a fair number of players are looking at the current situation happening around them and feeling a lot like you. Many of them do not feel entitled and want to work hard and know what it takes.

Think about a guy like Hooker. He left VT for who knows why, but very few would doubt his commitment at this point. He didn't come here because he thought he would get Burrow money out of it. Hell, the coach that brought him in left before he played a snap. He played his ass off in a meaningless bowl game.

They've played one real game and lost. Let's see where they are at the end of the season. I'll eat my crow when they beat someone significant. Kudos to the Lady Vols thus far though. Still can't recognize any organized offense.

They have wins against 9, 12, 27, 29, 33, 34, 37, 41, and 68 in the NET rankings. So, 8 top 50 wins in 15 games. 4 on the road or neutral site. Pretty darn good.

They have wins against 9, 12, 27, 29, 33, 34, 37, 41, and 68 in the NET rankings. So, 8 top 50 wins in 15 games. 4 on the road or neutral site. Pretty darn good.
I don't put much stock rankings this early in the season. My judgment is based on watching them play. They play hard on defense. There literally is no offensive scheme. They're winning because of their defense. It remains to be seen whether that will hold up. We'll know in about 6 weeks.

Reactions: VolNash17
I don't put much stock rankings this early in the season. My judgment is based on watching them play. They play hard on defense. There literally is no offensive scheme. They're winning because of their defense. It remains to be seen whether that will hold up. We'll know in about 6 weeks.

Yea, not trying to be harsh, but it’s because the wins don’t back up your opinion. Their OOC schedule is proving to be quite good.

Lol. Ok. We'll see. I'm comfortable with my take. 🤣
R.c4070dbb95fe84d8937d60fd2d5b1eff

:)

You may not like women's basketball but that is a dumba-------- statement "Only played one real game"

Sure he does... Rodney who has worked at 3 places his entire career, and had long tenures, is suddenly going to go against the grain and leave TN after one year. After telling the VQ guys that he wanted to help bring TN back. Makes sense.

And sure, he moved his family here and came here, and then decided after a year he doesn't want to coach anymore. So he's going to pack up and move to Oxford, where he's never lived, and retire there in an off field role. All of that makes so much sense.
1641528062475.gif

Today I learned that Kris Kristofferson was a helicopter pilot in the army and Tennessee Army National Guard.
Before he became famous, right after he got out of the service, he gave helicopter tours of Nashville and cleaned recording studios. While cleaning, he gave a tape of his songs to Johnny Cash, went about his business. Some time passed...one day, he was giving a helicopter tour and landed the chopper on Cash's front lawn, walked up to the front door, and asked Cash why he hadn't recorded one of his songs. A little while later, Cash made Sunday Morning Coming Down a hit.

Can you imagine the people who were in the chopper, on the tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back