Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, absolutely not. I'm just saying that once the sport started bringing in hundreds of millions of dollars a year, the stakes became very high for both the players and the programs in terms of the money that could be made, so naturally the sport became mostly about the money. There's no going back.

Also, a big reason why most of these players aren't loyal to schools anymore is because they know the schools/coaches aren't loyal to them. These coaches and their entire staffs leave at the drop of a hat for other jobs, sometimes before the season is even over, if they get offered more money. It's a coach's job to recruit and develop a player that might potentially take a current players' job - it happens all the time and is a huge reason these guys transfer. Broken promises left and right about playing time.
I apologize for being a dick....all this crazy NIL-crazy rich teams legally buying players-one time transfer-total mercenary 🦬💩 has really set me on edge.

I am not a professional sports league fan...I very rarely watch pro sports anymore because there is absolutely zero connection to people and place.

I absolutely f'n HATE this era...it sucks for UT, and will continue sucking for everyone that doesn't have crazy rich bastards willing to pay ludicrous money to 18 year old boys that haven't done anything. I get rewarding players who acrually accomplish something and have proven their value, but this stuff is insane.

You did nothing wrong to deserve that outburst, and I apologize.

Neyland isn't full now. I don't think attendance would be great for games involving walk-ons.
Neyland still has more fans than pro teams do even on a bad day....and it was full when it was mire amateur.

If college football told players that want money to go and make a pro team somehow, and tell them if you want to play for us you play for a fully funded scholarship, and thus had teams filled with lesser talented amateurs...I would still watch and support the Vols and I think everybody else that is a true college football fan would too.

I want the mercenaries to have the opportunity to go pro, and the NFL to do their own dirty work of development.

I was exaggerating with the 2500 seat stadium. There might be 25k at games, like there were in the 1930s at the big schools. It'd attract a fraction of the eyeballs, meaning media coverage of the sport would be a fraction of what it is today.
And I would not give a damn, and Neyland would still fill up.

I’m 25 and feel like I’m watching the fall of western civilization, wish I had your outlook. All of my peers are “smart,” but idealistically. How the world actually works is perverse to them, and they think they’re smart enough to change it to its core. The hubris of modern thought kills me.
Yeah...I don't know what he is smoking. Those idiots are going to run us into the ground.

They've played one real game and lost. Let's see where they are at the end of the season. I'll eat my crow when they beat someone significant. Kudos to the Lady Vols thus far though. Still can't recognize any organized offense.
Wait, just dribbling around and then chucking it to the tallest girl on the court isnt an offense? Who would known?

I’m 25 and feel like I’m watching the fall of western civilization, wish I had your outlook. All of my peers are “smart,” but idealistically. How the world actually works is perverse to them, and they think they’re smart enough to change it to its core. The hubris of modern thought kills me.
We must’ve been separated at birth.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
They've played one real game and lost. Let's see where they are at the end of the season. I'll eat my crow when they beat someone significant. Kudos to the Lady Vols thus far though. Still can't recognize any organized offense.
See you almost were able to truly compliment her…. The Lady Vols have the 7th hardest strength of schedule….They are 3-1 against top 25 teams including 2 wins over teams that beat the “only” real team that they have played…. This is while playing without their best player on the team for the majority of the season…… The offense has not been consistent bc our girls are not good shooters as shown by their free throw shooting. No kind of offense is ever going to look good unless you have players that can knock down open shots…. She still has a lot to prove but she has done an amazing job up to this point.

He’s the most interesting man alive. Helicopter pilot, Army Captain (son of Air Force major general), Rhodes scholar, university athlete, published writer, great songwriter, singer, and member of a supergroup. And this isn’t even counting the women.

Also a ranger school graduate. Sounds like the guy could do anything he wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back