Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this weather. Took me 2 hrs. to get from Mt. Juliet to Lebanon yesterday around noon. Took my brother about 4 hrs, to get from the Nissan plant in Smyrna to Lebanon as well. We ended up with about 8 inches where I live.
all schools are closed in JC. Took the tank tracks off my AWD Crv last night. The sheer amount of snow is overwhelming. Blck pavement, green spots everywhere, power on. It's insane, can barely move.

stay safe Gigger, 8" is a lot of snow

He’s the most interesting man alive. Helicopter pilot, Army Captain (son of Air Force major general), Rhodes scholar, university athlete, published writer, great songwriter, singer, and member of a supergroup. And this isn’t even counting the women.
You forgot helping Blade against vampires, probably his most important contribution to mankind. 🤔

Did we talk about the CFP expanding from 4 to 8 or 12 teams this weekend? Looks like they're voting and approving it while they're in Indy.

I hope it happens. They need something to distract from another SEC dominated championship. It’ll still get viewership but it’s not must see tv.

With 12 teams you may still get an all SEC championship game, but there’s the illusion of parity so it will at least be more interesting and there will be more eyeballs on more games which is more revenue.

Interesting case for Roman Harrison to take another step up as he equaled Baron’s stats with less time on the field…
None of Tennessee football’s three transfer portal entries are concerning

However, the emergence of junior college transfer Byron Young, who wasn’t eligible early in the season, saw Baron take more of a back seat. By the end of the year, Baron finished with just 30 total tackles, eight of which were solo, seven tackles for a loss and a pass deflection.
Despite playing two fewer games, Young had 46 total tackles, 20 of which were solo, five and a half sacks, 11.5 tackles for a loss, two pass deflections and an interception. Even more importantly, Roman Harrison began to match Baron’s productivity. He finished the year with 33 tackles, 18 of which were solo, three and a half tackles for a loss and a sack.
Harrison and Young are more than enough to offset Baron. Tim Banks has plenty to work with here, and Baron likely wanted to go somewhere he would see a larger role. He did commit to play edge rusher in a 3-4 scheme after all, so nobody can blame him for this move given Young’s emergence. Add in two edge rushers committed for 2022, and UT is fine.

I remember when he torched our secondary in ‘19, more specifically Warren Burrell, which comes as a shock to many im sure

You bring up an interesting point. Why is he still being torched? Why is he still starting? Two different defensive back coaches. Different DC's. None able to develop him successfully. Still playing and getting torched.

I'm way past ready to see this type coaching end at UT. Don't care who it is as HC. Our D will never be ready for the big time until we have d-backs in the secondary who are competent at what they do. Recruit well, play them all until you find the best combo. Results matter. Even bandwagon fans can see a guy sucks and why he sucks after they have seen him blow it enough times. The coaches should know it well before them.

So that most mean Burrell is the #2 of CB's. Practice player. There are other CB's on the roster. Use them. It's past time to find the best gamers they have if they want to win.

Rant over.

Can confirm. We got lied to. Heard 3-6” a few days ago. Then yesterday was 1-4”. What actually happened is <1”.

Was the opposite for here in Nashville. We heard 1-3 inches a few days ago. Day of they were like “well maybe it’s 3-5 inches. Then when all was said and done metro area averaged between 6-8 inches.

Reactions: VolNash17
Okay, getting tired of seeing all these kids jumping into the portal and already going with other teams... Come on Heup, start getting these guys to UT... the bowls are over, so it's time to fill out the roster with immediate needs, which at this point, could be just about every position, but especially on defense. Our NIL situation needs to pick up major steam if we are going to continue to rise and build depth.

Not BVS'ing yet, but also not getting a warm and fuzzy about this staff's seemingly inability to grab talent in the portal. We are a team that is trending up, with plenty of spots where kids can come in and start day one, in the best conference, yet I haven't seen anyone worth noting really that has come aboard...

I know we are in on Verse and the WR from Wyoming, but we need players on defense and there seems to be about 15 kids at LB and DB/CB/S out there in the portal.

You got KY, SC, Mizz, and other schools picking up players left and right, yet we are just treading water... Love the coach and staff, but not liking where this is trending right now at all.

Was the opposite for here in Nashville. We heard 1-3 inches a few days ago. Day of they were like “well maybe it’s 3-5 inches. Then when all was said and done metro area averaged between 6-8 inches.

You lucky duck. Last year’s Christmas snow was awesome. Gave me hope for this year. The first snow was a nice little surprise. Hope to see more. They actually did a very good job at getting roads ready.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Why are we going after rb’s in the portal? Is one planning on transferring out because we have really good depth there, not to mention we are already bringing in 2 really good rb’s
Beckwith gone, Whitehead isn't good. Small has been injury prone and you should honestly never rely on freshmen in the SEC for anything

Ya know I'm fine with players transferring out, but leaving to stay in the SEC and play against us every year is kind of a bitchass move.

Henry T first and now if Baron ends up at Kentucky. Plenty of teams that you can go to, especially if an SEC squad (not named Vanderbilt) is willing to bring you on, only reason you'd go to a direct opponent is cause you're petty and think you're proving something.

More to the point though, you can imagine that a fair number of players are looking at the current situation happening around them and feeling a lot like you. Many of them do not feel entitled and want to work hard and know what it takes.

Think about a guy like Hooker. He left VT for who knows why, but very few would doubt his commitment at this point. He didn't come here because he thought he would get Burrow money out of it. Hell, the coach that brought him in left before he played a snap. He played his ass off in a meaningless bowl game.
For competitors, no game is meaningless. I played my a** off in an intramural game!

Ya know I'm fine with players transferring out, but leaving to stay in the SEC and play against us every year is kind of a bitchass move.

Henry T first and now if Baron ends up at Kentucky. Plenty of teams that you can go to, especially if an SEC squad (not named Vanderbilt) is willing to bring you on, only reason you'd go to a direct opponent is cause you're petty and think you're proving something.
Orrrr because daddy makes you and your not ready to be your own man yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back