Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s shot it over 20 times. And he hit some vs UNC, Bama and again tonight. He’s hit more than Bailey on half the attempts. If nobody else can hit one might as well give him an open look

And iirc he hit one against Arizona
I just wonder if any other fan base has fans who find ways to criticize, belittle, and explain away even the good things the team and players do.

More to the point though, you can imagine that a fair number of players are looking at the current situation happening around them and feeling a lot like you. Many of them do not feel entitled and want to work hard and know what it takes.

Think about a guy like Hooker. He left VT for who knows why, but very few would doubt his commitment at this point. He didn't come here because he thought he would get Burrow money out of it. Hell, the coach that brought him in left before he played a snap. He played his ass off in a meaningless bowl game.

Last edited:
Reactions: hooter vol
I mean if Burrell was wearing Crimson he would have gotten all kinds of praise for his coverage against Purdue.

What confused me though was he was the only CB that was pressing at the line. I didn't understand that, wasn't sure if it was staff direction or just Burrell doing what he does.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Okay, getting tired of seeing all these kids jumping into the portal and already going with other teams... Come on Heup, start getting these guys to UT... the bowls are over, so it's time to fill out the roster with immediate needs, which at this point, could be just about every position, but especially on defense. Our NIL situation needs to pick up major steam if we are going to continue to rise and build depth.

Not BVS'ing yet, but also not getting a warm and fuzzy about this staff's seemingly inability to grab talent in the portal. We are a team that is trending up, with plenty of spots where kids can come in and start day one, in the best conference, yet I haven't seen anyone worth noting really that has come aboard...

I know we are in on Verse and the WR from Wyoming, but we need players on defense and there seems to be about 15 kids at LB and DB/CB/S out there in the portal.

You got KY, SC, Mizz, and other schools picking up players left and right, yet we are just treading water... Love the coach and staff, but not liking where this is trending right now at all.

take a lap

I mean if Burrell was wearing Crimson he would have gotten all kinds of praise for his coverage against Purdue.

What confused me though was he was the only CB that was pressing at the line. I didn't understand that, wasn't sure if it was staff direction or just Burrell doing what he does.
I think he was running in Taylor's spot and that's what AT did all year. This match defense runs a lot of cover 6/9 so that corner lines up solo and plays more of a cloud with a deep half over top of him.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Was the opposite for here in Nashville. We heard 1-3 inches a few days ago. Day of they were like “well maybe it’s 3-5 inches. Then when all was said and done metro area averaged between 6-8 inches.
We ended up with about 6 inches of snow, so they absolutely nailed it here...they said "between 4-8 inches"..lol

Okay, getting tired of seeing all these kids jumping into the portal and already going with other teams... Come on Heup, start getting these guys to UT... the bowls are over, so it's time to fill out the roster with immediate needs, which at this point, could be just about every position, but especially on defense. Our NIL situation needs to pick up major steam if we are going to continue to rise and build depth.

Not BVS'ing yet, but also not getting a warm and fuzzy about this staff's seemingly inability to grab talent in the portal. We are a team that is trending up, with plenty of spots where kids can come in and start day one, in the best conference, yet I haven't seen anyone worth noting really that has come aboard...

I know we are in on Verse and the WR from Wyoming, but we need players on defense and there seems to be about 15 kids at LB and DB/CB/S out there in the portal.

You got KY, SC, Mizz, and other schools picking up players left and right, yet we are just treading water... Love the coach and staff, but not liking where this is trending right now at all.
If you are getting tired then I would recommend sleep.

A lot of truth to this

271283862_10226874939210218_307854969480224653_n.jpg

My only problem with Vescovi is that he plays under control almost to a fault. Would like to see him push the ball in turnover transition and figure out how to get to the line in the process.
I’m not disagreeing, but the knock on him from fans in the past is that he’s out of control. Just goes to show that it’s impossible to please us fans.

Reactions: drvenner
My only problem with Vescovi is that he plays under control almost to a fault. Would like to see him push the ball in turnover transition and figure out how to get to the line in the process.
I’m not disagreeing, but the knock on him from fans in the past is that he’s out of control. Just goes to show that it’s impossible to please us fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back