Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have argued with pretty much everyone I know that Prince had the best show ever and it isn’t close, but I’m not convincing anybody. They couldn’t even name a Prince song besides Purple Rain.

I mean you aren’t going to convince them, music is too subjective. Different types of music, different generations, everything can effect the outlook that one would have on the performances. I grew up listening to most of the artists last night so for me it really hit a personal level that the Prince show didn’t. The same can be said for people that love Prince and so at that time that show hit different for them. I do like Prince and that was a legendary performance though so I personally just like to say that both were legendary performances.

Reactions: SmokinBob
LOT of exceptions to said rule tho.
Sure, but they're still small percentages at the end of the day though. The probabilities are simply with the higher stars. Unrankeds and 2*s CAN become someone...no doubt...but the odds are just so slim. It is what it is.

Kupp is the man. What a beast.

Sure, but they're still small percentages at the end of the day though. The probabilities are simply with the higher stars. Unrankeds and 2*s CAN become someone...no doubt...but the odds are just so slim. It is what it is.

Kupp is the man. What a beast.
Aaron Donald pretty decent too…3 star. End of the day two best players on the field.

Attended as many concerts as possible, trying to limit my regrets. Prince blew that all to hail with that performance. One of the most underrated guitarists (and a personal favorite) of all time.
Would've given anything to see that in person.

Even sitting through an NFL game.
Had tickets to RFK and to Deer Creek, I think, Indiana in 1994 or 95. Dad said hell to the no. Jerry died that year.

Ive had chances to see Bob Weir, Mickey Hart, Phil Lesh, Othet Ones, Ratdog, Phish with Ratdog and any other conceivable iteration. Just not the same.

I do and have enjoyed Dark Star Orchestra immensely. Very relaxing.

Reactions: chargervol
What it comes down to is you need coaches who can evaluate. There are plenty of 2* and 3*s who make the nfl but way more that don’t. There are 4* and 5* who make it and don’t, but they do tend to hit at higher rates. You need coaches who can find the guys who will hit, regardless of rating. If they aren’t landing top 5 classes, that becomes even more important.

We won’t know if Heupel has that ability for a few years, so just hope that he tends to land the guys he targets.

Exceptions don’t prove the rule
Thrown to by No. 1 overall 5-star QB Stafford protected by a 5-star national-championship winning LT, and a 5-star WR decoy on the other side. Oh there are 6 other 4/5 stars on the Rams. Yea sure but Cooper Kupp was the secret sauce.

Last edited:
The Olympics are a joke anyway. There are so many yearly tournaments and events for each sport that have come to mean as much, if not more, than the Olympics. Some sports don't even have their best competing. Or the best just withdraw. Or the best get caught doping.

The Olympics could and should be the apex of competition. Unfortunately it has become performance art.
Not sure where this is coming from. At the end of the day, it's the best country in the world against a bunch of wannabes.

Thrown to by No. 1 overall 5-star QB Stafford protected by a 5-star national-championship winning LT, and a 5-star WR decoy on the other side. Oh there are 6 other 4/5 stars on the Rams. Yea sure but Cooper Kupp was the secret sauce.

Keep Kupp and take away Aaron Donald and the Rams lose. Donald should have been MVP.

Here’s the deal with stars, look at the people giving them out. They don’t have a clue if someone can develop or not. They can tell you if person so and so dominated their competition in high school and if they camped well. That’s about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back