Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the deal with stars, look at the people giving them out. They don’t have a clue if someone can develop or not. They can tell you if person so and so dominated their competition in high school and if they camped well. That’s about it.

True. However there is a direct correlation between highly ranked players and winning at the highest level in college. It’s an irrefutable fact that the teams with the most 4/5* players finish at the top of the college football world every year.

Do they score on that last drive if Cupp isn’t out there to keep getting open? Do the Bengals score on the last drive if Donald doesn’t single handedly wreck the pocket? Who knows.

Good point. I just think Donald was the more impactful player. Because he pretty much took the game over in the second half.

True. However there is a direct correlation between highly ranked players and winning at the highest level in college. It’s an irrefutable fact that the teams with the most 4/5* players finish at the top of the college football world every year.
I looked at both the Rams and Bengals starting depth chart on espn….. Going by 247….. the rams had 9/22 starters that were rated 90 or above while cincy had 11/22 rated 90 or above…..There was at least 6 starters between the two teams rated 81 or below…. We are not going to just jump in the deep end of the pool with Bama and Georgia….. we have to build like Clemson did and eventually our evaluations will match the rankings…. Clemson would have a class rated 13-15 and four years later would be top 5 when it was re rated based on performance.

For all of you who love Purple Rain, check out Neil Zara’s version

This 10 year old, Taj Farrant, does an amazing version as well.

The kid isn't just amazing technically, but plays with so much soul. This is him doing Maggot Brain with a guitar given to him by Santana:

And him holding his own on stage with Santana:

I looked at both the Rams and Bengals starting depth chart on espn….. Going by 247….. the rams had 9/22 starters that were rated 90 or above while cincy had 11/22 rated 90 or above…..There was at least 6 starters between the two teams rated 81 or below…. We are not going to just jump in the deep end of the pool with Bama and Georgia….. we have to build like Clemson did and eventually our evaluations will match the rankings…. Clemson would have a class rated 13-15 and four years later would be top 5 when it was re rated based on performance.

Agree and been saying this for years. Barnes and Voltello's successes tell us the same thing. With innovation, strong development and the right QB's, the path we can follow is similar to Clemson's.

Do they score on that last drive if Cupp isn’t out there to keep getting open? Do the Bengals score on the last drive if Donald doesn’t single handedly wreck the pocket? Who knows.

I don't want to get too involved in this debate because I seldom watch NFL football, but I'd imagine Stafford also had something to do with Kupp's big numbers this season. If you watch the video below, he definitely had something to do with Kupp getting open on this particular play in the last drive of the SB. The amazing thing is that he reads Von Bell's eyes to make sure that Bell is reading his eyes, and then he draws him out of position with the body turn and release.

Last edited:
That's crazy. I'm not even sure there's a consensus #2. What I do know is there is a consensus #1. It's Prince alone at the top of the mountain and all the paupers scrounging for leftovers.

Those folks probably loved Black Eyed Peas 😁
Prince wins it solely on the fact he didn’t lip sync or fake his instrument playing alone. Everything else just puts him more and more ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back