Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fahr Barnes!
Yeah...none of those dummies out tonight...just wait though, first loss we have they will show back up and screaming "it's time to move on from Barnes"

I told the dummies after the first UK game "that's just basketball"..Rick Barnes is a really good to great coach, and we should be thankful to have him.

Those dumbasses were freaking pissing me off to no end a month ago. I have suffered through 54 years of mostly poor to meh UT basketball...I love Rick Barnes, and as long as he keeps putting good to very good teams out there every year...I want him to be our coach.

Last edited:

From 107 to 63, what a freaking massive difference. I told y'all last month that sometimes teams just get hot, and literally everything goes their way, and referenced the "Boston massacre" game in the NBA finals against the Lakers back in the 80s..but even I didn't expect that big of a dropoff...that is insane.

From 107 to 63, what a freaking massive difference. I told y'all last month that sometimes teams just get hot, and literally everything goes their way, and referenced the "Boston massacre" game in the NBA finals against the Lakers back in the 80s..but even I didn't expect that big of a dropoff...that is insane.
I don’t think it would have made a difference with the way we played but Kentucky is not close to the same team with TyTy being banged up like he is….. he had 28 against us the first time we played.

Reactions: Vols4us
Hard to argue the above. I was there when Webb went for 294 against Ole Miss. Johnny seemingly didn't realize he was that close to 300 (or maybe he did and didn't want to let him)...
I was at that game too. Majors said after the game that he didn't know he was that close or he would have left him in. IIRC Cobb had a nice 15 or 20 yard run on his last play so he wasn't that close until then.

nice win
Teams coming around
I was over these guys after bama and that stretch where we played just bad, boring ball.
Teams playing hard and look good….
No reason to give up on the guys
Go Vols
Big couple weeks coming up

Yeah...none of those dummies out tonight...just wait though, first loss we have they will show back up and screaming "it's time to move on from Barnes"

I told the dummies after the first UK game "that's just basketball"..Rick Barnes is a really good to great coach, and we should be thankful to have him.

Those dumbasses were freaking pissing me off to no end a month ago. I have suffered through 54 years of mostly poor to meh UT basketball...I love Rick Barnes, and as long as he keeps putting good to very good teams out there every year...I want him to be our coach.
Yep. I was 10 when Pearl made his first S16. My age demo is spoiled by our recent past.. but I know the history enough to know firing Barnes wouldn’t end well for us.

IMO he’s safe no matter what until he retires, and he’ll most likely get to hand pick a successor like Roy and K did.

This may be one of Barnes' best coaching jobs yet. This team was sloppy earlier in the year, even I was doubting. Was def wrong. They've jelled at the right time.

Agreed!!

Fans always assume because we’ve had some good years, we can attract a superior coach to replace Barnes. It’s much more likely we enter the Cuonzo Martin / Donny Tyndall spin cycle for a decade or so before we find our footing again post-Barnes.

Just sit back and enjoy the winning coach you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back