Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just want everyone to realize that while we are the heavy favorites, us at 5:2 odds still means it is going to be very difficult to win it all. I very much want to win it all. I think we do win it all. But, baseball being baseball and it is a tournament sport, sometimes the best team does not win. Just hope that if we don't win it all that the meltdown will be isolated to the numbnuts who don't start following anything until the Super Regionals.

100%

i mean the guy is at Ole Miss. His peak there is the type of season they had last yr and we had them beat (should have won) while we were in year 1 and had just lost the most players in the country bc of the Pruitt stuff. We are just getting started while he's already got them about as high as they can go esp in that division.

The two programs are night and day in terms of potential, NIL power, tradition and resources. The list goes on and on. He knows it.
Eff him.

sitting-on-couch-al-bundy.gif
Married. . . with Children is coming back. The original cast, but. . . an animated series. . .

This weekend starts the annual early summer tradition for me of watching Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, and The Pacific between now and the 4th of July.

Probably going to throw in Tora Tora Tora, Das Boot, Midway, Thin Red Line, Anzio, Longest Day, Bridge Too Far, Letters From Iwo Jima, Flags of Our Fathers, Patton, Big Red One, Empire of the Sun.

I usually get past a bunch of those and end up with Platoon and We Were Soldiers around 4th of July.

Last year I watched some foreign (mostly German, some Russian) WW2 films that were interesting but very bleak. 1939 Battle of Westerplatte, The WInter War, Fortress of War, Katyn, Generation War, Stalingrad 1993, Come and See. I stopped with Come and See because it was a pretty heavy watch.
Think "Red Dawn" could fit into this genre?

Reactions: DarthVol1

So sweet that our 50th win was a shellacking of vandy.

Last night, I was talking to my daughter’s boyfriend (varsity HS baseball player) told him that I wanted Tennessee to score at least 10 on vandy. My wife added that I absolutely hate vandy. She understands me so well. 🤠

Quick request if you get a chance. I've been dealing with some weird physical symptoms over the past couple of years that have started to get worse recently. I went to a neurologist a couple weeks ago and am awaiting some test results. I'll also be going through more tests in early June.

I'm a believer in the power of prayer and was hoping my Tennessee family might be willing to send up a couple of prayers for me.

Thanks and sorry for derailing the thread.

Prayers sent! 🙏

I never want to see the lizards win any game, in any sport, but Arkansas going down without a win in the tournament would be pretty funny considering how busy their fans have been hating on Tennessee.
They are going to end up being the 16 seed, and we are going to have to wax that butt in the super regionals, aren’t we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back