Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope everyone is enjoying there week3nds and these big orange beat downs we been delivering..Spun my car out on an exit ramp yest 10 mins after it started rainin totaled it and went into the forest.Luckily I'm not a fool had the kid with me just bad luck it was slick idk.Prayers heck I was doing good to keep things together as was im not sure how imma figure this one out at the moment.GBO yall have a blessed evening.

Hope everyone is enjoying there week3nds and these big orange beat downs we been delivering..Spun my car out on an exit ramp yest 10 mins after it started rainin totaled it and went into the forest.Luckily I'm not a fool had the kid with me just bad luck it was slick idk.Prayers heck I was doing good to keep things together as was im not sure how imma figure this one out at the moment.GBO yall have a blessed evening.
Sorry to hear that but let's look on the bright side. Now you get to go car shopping.

Reactions: gainesvol82
That's where having a 6-8 wr rotation will pay dividends.No doubt I think Tillman could have gotten that if he wasn't on the field for 80% of the game.He gave it a good shot but I'm sure dude was worn at that point

Tough pill to swallow for sure. Milton was easy to blame because he followed up his once in a career throw by running out of bounds the next play to end the game.

This is what I had in mind. Go big or go home

0af5ce3cd33f02327b6a54df100dab26.jpg
wow! I wish I had $95K to pour gasoline on and torch.

This weekend starts the annual early summer tradition for me of watching Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, and The Pacific between now and the 4th of July.

Probably going to throw in Tora Tora Tora, Das Boot, Midway, Thin Red Line, Anzio, Longest Day, Bridge Too Far, Letters From Iwo Jima, Flags of Our Fathers, Patton, Big Red One, Empire of the Sun.

I usually get past a bunch of those and end up with Platoon and We Were Soldiers around 4th of July.

Last year I watched some foreign (mostly German, some Russian) WW2 films that were interesting but very bleak. 1939 Battle of Westerplatte, The WInter War, Fortress of War, Katyn, Generation War, Stalingrad 1993, Come and See. I stopped with Come and See because it was a pretty heavy watch.

Outpost, Korengal, Restrepo.

The first is the movie where they're in that deep valley right? What a s*** show. The other two are the documentaries, correct? One of those hurt my soul. God bless those dudes.

Correct on The Outpost, all three are soul crushing, watch with care. I made the mistake of watching Outpost with my wife about a month before my last deployment. Bad idea.

I'm gonna get chastised for this, but....

A trick for ticks/chiggers I learned a long time ago (back while I was in) from an old Gunnery Sergeant of Marines: knee-high pantyhose. Couldn't figure out for the life of me why the good GySgt had a ziploc bag of pantyhose with him in the field until he explained it to young dumb LCpl DeusEx. The fibers are woven too tightly together for their beaks to get through, and it also traps them in place so that they can't search for unprotected places.

I'm gonna get chastised for this, but....

A trick for ticks/chiggers I learned a long time ago (back while I was in) from an old Gunnery Sergeant of Marines: knee-high pantyhose. Couldn't figure out for the life of me why the good GySgt had a ziploc bag of pantyhose with him in the field until he explained it to young dumb LCpl DeusEx. The fibers are woven too tightly together for their beaks to get through, and it also traps them in place so that they can't search for unprotected places.
Dang. I’m in. Hate them little devils. No pride, I can’t sleep at night with bug bites.

Quick request if you get a chance. I've been dealing with some weird physical symptoms over the past couple of years that have started to get worse recently. I went to a neurologist a couple weeks ago and am awaiting some test results. I'll also be going through more tests in early June.

I'm a believer in the power of prayer and was hoping my Tennessee family might be willing to send up a couple of prayers for me.

Thanks and sorry for derailing the thread.
Praying for a complete healing

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back