Rep Massie posts gun photo

Those courses study CRT. They’re not actually looking at the issues we mentioned in a deep and meaningful way.

I'll see if I can get ahold of some syllabi. I'm curious as to the investigational framework they use but an not willing to pass it off so easily.

I'll see if I can get ahold of some syllabi. I'm curious as to the investigational framework they use but an not willing to pass it off so easily.

I’d be curious if you could find any solid research they’ve produced. That alone would impress me. But normally those departments are just critical race studies

Reactions: Caculator
I’d be curious if you could find any solid research they’ve produced. That alone would impress me. But normally those departments are just critical race studies

How do you know that they're primarily CRT? Is that based on hard evidence or your gut feeling?

How do you know that they're primarily CRT? Is that based on hard evidence or your gut feeling?

It’s just how that field works. No different the claiming all of gender studies is based on critical gender theory. These “grievance” studies as some have called them, are all based in the nonsense that is critical theory.

Are you familiar with any of the critical theorists? It’s disturbing stuff

Reactions: Rickyvol77

I think the problem you’ll find is that you’re asking questions from a perspective they would call “traditional theory”. Meaning you’re saying “what’s the problem and how do we solve it”.

They’re coming from a perspective of critical theory, which claims it’s impossible to see the solution to any of the problems of this system because we live in this system. Instead they believe you can only critique or criticize the current system.

They also believe things such as racism are inherent in all actions and their goal is to find it. For example Derrick Bell would say if you’re helping a black person, it’s an act or racism. You’re only doing it to promote your sense of superiority over a black person.

And a population density of about 2,000 per sq mile. Comparable to Memphis. Since the data is per capita the overall size should not matter if the density is similar
Not true. There is really no comparison between a town with 8,000 people in 4 sq miles and a city with 500,000 in 250 sq miles.
But you know that.

10/10 blackest states including DC are upper half in terms of homicide rate.

Only 4/10 of the poorest states are in the top 25 in homicide rate.

How do you explain away that data?
Start with population density.

You just told him not to use population density.
No I didn't. I said the comparison of Cheyenne and Memphis on the basis of similar population density is flawed.
It should always be considered as a factor and never be considered as the only factor.

No I didn't. I said the comparison of Cheyenne and Memphis on the basis of similar population density is flawed.
It should always be considered as a factor and never be considered as the only factor.

They have similar population densities so why is the comparison flawed?

A linear regression of the data would include race, population density, income, access to education, access to quality medical care, employment, etc

Reactions: luthervol
Because Cheyenne doesn't even have 10% of the population as Memphis - and only a little over 10% of the land area.
It would be like comparing Cheyenne to a 3 square mile community of 6,000 people.
And then comparing that community to a .3 square mile apartment complex of 600 people.
There are more differences than similarities.
Compare the population density of the 300 square miles that make up Memphis to the population density of the 300 square miles surrounding Cheyenne. Then you will be onto something.

A linear regression of the data would include race, population density, income, access to education, access to quality medical care, employment, etc
They prefer to work with one variable at a time, in isolation.
For Vol8188, the only variable is race.

Because Cheyenne doesn't even have 10% of the population as Memphis - and only a little over 10% of the land area.
It would be like comparing Cheyenne to a 3 square mile community of 6,000 people.
And then comparing that community to a .3 square mile apartment complex of 600 people.
There are more differences than similarities.
Compare the population density of the 300 square miles that make up Memphis to the population density of the 300 square miles surrounding Cheyenne. Then you will be onto something.

It’s no more flawed than the “per capita” bs.

10/10 blackest states including DC are upper half in terms of homicide rate.

Only 4/10 of the poorest states are in the top 25 in homicide rate.

How do you explain away that data?
Of those blackest states, how many are in top 10 of out of wedlock births... or single mother households.

If only there were a line of research inquiry that studied the AA experience historically, economically, politically, spiritually, and promoted discussion to address the negative factors affecting the community that promote violence and prevent upward mobility...

(And before anyone gets triggered, I'm not hinting at CRT)
The Moynahan Report?

Actually, everything I described already exists.

African American Studies | Open Yale Courses

Courses explore the innovative, complex, and distinctively African American social structures and cultural traditions that Africans in the diaspora have created. Students are exposed to the historical, cultural, political, economic, and social development of people of African descent. Emphasizing a diasporic framework of analysis, the department demands that students acquire both an analytic ability rooted in a traditional discipline and interdisciplinary skills of investigation and research.
Smells like leftist dogma...

Again... try the Moynahan Report.

Of those blackest states, how many are in top 10 of out of wedlock births... or single mother households.
And it's hard to explain Arizona being number four on homicides per capita - they are about as lily white as you can get.
New Mexico and Nevada are also in the top ten.
It's almost like there may be something to it beyond race.

And it's hard to explain Arizona being number four on homicides per capita - they are about as lily white as you can get.

Huh...It's almost as if those states have something else in common...maybe a geographical location perhaps? Perhaps they're geographically located near a country with extreme amounts of organized violence?

Huh...It's almost as if those states have something else in common...maybe a geographical location perhaps? Perhaps they're geographically located near a country with extreme amounts of organized violence?
You mean there are variables other than race? Who knows, if you dig deep enough you may find that the racial correlation is actually more a function of other variables.

Hispanic gangs and illegals are the reason in those states. It’s not rocket science

You mean there are variables other than race? Who knows, if you dig deep enough you may find that the racial correlation is actually more a function of other variables.

I've never denied that. I've only stated that race is the most important factor, statistically. Poor white people are not killing each other at the same rates.

Once again 13% of people commit the majority of homicide in this country.

The white homicide rate is around 2 per 100k. The black I believe is around 20 per 100k (I will have to check that claim and honestly don't have the time right now, but the fact that they commit the majority of homicides obviously implies it will be far greater than the 5 per 100k that is average in the US)

VN Store

Back