Rush Limbaugh Has Advanced Lung Cancer

This man has 14 million daily listeners which is a higher number than all the combined primetime TV politicos. I sense jealousy.

Heh. No, not jealous of a fat, dying, ignorant zealot. Seriously, you have to be brain dead to actually listen to the dude, and take anything he says seriously.

Per PT Barnum, there's a sucker born every minute.

I can think of few people in my lifetime that have done more to damage our country than has Rush.
But I still wish him a peaceful passage.
Maybe he will have an epiphany and do something that erases some of his harm.

Good grief. Rush done damage to the country?? You just cannot stop yourself.

He has done damage to Luther's preferred country of a 100% Democrat Party approved news media. All Rush has done is to let people in the country realize there are people who agree with their viewpoint. He put many people's thoughts into words.

Sorry to hear about this. I hope Rush gets better w/treatment. I've never listened to his radio program but when he was on TV back in the 90s (?) I tuned into that somewhat. Thoughts and prayers to Rush & to his family.

Reactions: StarRaider
I don’t listen to Rush but I occasionally check his website because he is the pulse of conservatism. I disagree with Rush on most things now. I kind of think he turned his back on his paleo conservative instincts in order to embrace that pernicious strain of neoconservatism that still dominates conservatism today ( supporting the Bushes after a White House invite).
I do however tip my hat to Rush for being the biggest hammmer to the old press cabal. He was one of the first and most influential sceptics of their motives and high, phony self -reverence. His early use of the montage exposed many of these cretins as phonies that never had an original thought (see gravitas montage for an example). If there is a broadcast Mt. Rushmore, his face will be on it.

Reactions: 1972 Grad
Old luthervol doesn’t know the difference between the right and left, to know that the left is the ones doing the damage to the country. There is one thing that I’ve gotten by talking to the left, and that is they don’t want to work. It’s the free stuff that comes in, to set on the couch of their mommy’s basement.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🙄

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I don’t listen to Rush but I occasionally check his website because he is the pulse of conservatism. I disagree with Rush on most things now. I kind of think he turned his back on his paleo conservative instincts in order to embrace that pernicious strain of neoconservatism that still dominates conservatism today ( supporting the Bushes after a White House invite).
I do however tip my hat to Rush for being the biggest hammmer to the old press cabal. He was one of the first and most influential sceptics of their motives and high, phony self -reverence. His early use of the montage exposed many of these cretins as phonies that never had an original thought (see gravitas montage for an example). If there is a broadcast Mt. Rushmore, his face will be on it.
I don't know if there would be a Hannity, etc. without him. Maybe not even a Fox News. He was so successful that he blazed the trail for conservative talk.

Heh. No, not jealous of a fat, dying, ignorant zealot. Seriously, you have to be brain dead to actually listen to the dude, and take anything he says seriously.

Per PT Barnum, there's a sucker born every minute.

How much have you listened to him?

I used to listen to him a lot. My dad would have him playing on the job site. The station in Nashville must've been one of the earlier stations to pick up his program. I stopped listening completely about a decade ago.
He was a smoker. Cigarettes. Then cigars. It doesn't surprise me he has lung cancer. He made a name for himself by creating a genre. He became very wealthy, too.
There will not be a difference in my life when he is dead.

He has done damage to Luther's preferred country of a 100% Democrat Party approved news media. All Rush has done is to let people in the country realize there are people who agree with their viewpoint. He put many people's thoughts into words.
That is true. (the second part of your post) He validated the baser negative qualities, traits, and tenancies in man that previously were more suppressed.
That's why Rush and Fox became so popular. Some were desperate for any type of affirmation that their negative beliefs and qualities were in fact more widely held. They were even convinced that not only should they no longer keep those things hidden and work to minimize them but they should exhibit them proudly and allow them to grow..

I used to listen to him a lot. My dad would have him playing on the job site. The station in Nashville must've been one of the earlier stations to pick up his program. I stopped listening completely about a decade ago.
He was a smoker. Cigarettes. Then cigars. It doesn't surprise me he has lung cancer. He made a name for himself by creating a genre. He became very wealthy, too.
I listened to him when I was running wholesale routes in the late 80's and through the 90's. I haven't heard him in probably 20 years. I can't think of a single person that I don't personally know, who will make a difference in my life if they die.

That is true. (the second part of your post) He validated the baser negative qualities, traits, and tenancies in man that previously were more suppressed.
That's why Rush and Fox became so popular. Some were desperate for any type of affirmation that their negative beliefs and qualities were in fact more widely held. They were even convinced that not only should they no longer keep those things hidden and work to minimize them but they should exhibit them proudly and allow them to grow..
Tell me Luther, does your a$$hole get jealous of all the $hit that comes out of your mouth?

I listened to him and Hannity for a while for the humor value. But the more I realized people actually listened because they agreed, the more intolerable they became. Archie Bunker as a parody is humorous, Archie Bunker as a real person is sad.

Tell me Luther, does your a$$hole get jealous of all the $hit that comes out of your mouth?
Luther has his opinion and he should be welcome to share it. I don't agree with him, but I think he's probably a good man.

Reactions: McDad
He thinks polarization started with Trump. Everything was rainbows and unicorns.
I just said Limbaugh made it worse in the 80's and 90's.
There has always been polarization. Some make a living from it and work to increase it (Rush, Hannity, Fox); some get elected by playing off of it (Trump).

VN Store

Back