Ryan Mallett

we have enough QB's? We have 1, count that, 1 QB who has seen live game action. The rest haven't stepped foot on the field for a game. To me, that doesn't qualify as "having enough QB's".

I do compare Mallet to JaMarcus Russell. Both have rocket launchers for arms. both are very tall and strong. Mallet has the potential with a little coaching to be great.

Basically, I just think we have enough big time recruits from other states, I'd rather us spend our time talking to a defensive tackle.
Did you mean we have enough qb's and should look at defensive lineman or we have enough out of state guys and should look in state?

I really am starting to not understand what makes some people on here get "GURU" assigned to their name.

It's based on post count and length of membership at one time or another. It's not based on supposed knowledge or anything like that. That said, I can't say I've every heard someone suggest moving a highly touted qb to defensive line. Vols4life may need to rethink that one. :)

Why in the world do we need this guy?

We have Crompton, Coleman and Stepehens....All three of these guys came to TN to play QB, not fair to bring somebody in that's sole exsistence for coming to the University is because he's not good enough for RR's system....

Don't want him, don't need him...

Yeah, we also had Cottam, Stocker, and Douglas for TE along with Cooper and Bartholomew. No need for Brandon Warren. Just send him back to FSU.

He is a FB, but we used our FBs and TEs pretty much the same this year.

Warren may play some pass-rushing DE. I think we keep him at TE to give him a shot at the Chris Brown position.

If we bring in a freshman all-american TE and move him to DE, that'll be the last straw.

Crompton was the #3 QB and #1 QB on Spurriers list. The kid can play and has proven it to some degree. If he doesnt win the starting job then I would like to see the spread offense with maybe Gerald Jones at QB!

There is a reason our rushing statistics have plumeted over the last few years. This dink and dunk passing offense allows the safties to creep up and then running lanes are minimal. The game is evolving and we are utilizing the same old power running dink and dunk O. Problem is the tallent isnt there. We have GOOD players not GREAT players,(with the exception of Berry). Jones and Creer could be GREAT!

Sorry for the long post fellas but its my first post and I get fired up about this stuff!

I hope he comes here, I dont care where he is from or who he chose the first time around I just want people in our program the can help us win and you can never have to many qb's

I hope he comes here, I dont care where he is from or who he chose the first time around I just want people in our program the can help us win and you can never have to many qb's

Yea that. I really don't mind where a player comes from as long as they give a 100% on the playing field. If Mallet is a stud than bring him here.

Got some info today my buddy who i work with is related to Mallett by inlaws anyways i heard that he is interested in Tennessee as i also learned he has withdrawn from Michigan and is looking at 5 schools with Tenn being in the mix, the other schools include Texas A&M, Rutgers, UCLA and possibly Florida St. i also heard that he might try to follow his QB coach. I dont know if Tenn is looking at his coach but if they are it would be a great possiblity he could come here.

word from big 10 country is that he is headed to play at UCLA

1.This forum is absolutely killing me.... Did anyone see Mallet play this season... when Henne was playing like crap to start the year Mallet came in and helped get his team on track to beat....hmmmm...FLORIDA!!!! And if you guys haven't noticed Florida beat the absolute stuffing out of us...

2. Also lets take something Florida do well and use it to our advantage: they give the best atheletes they can find scholarships and use their strengths to contribute to the team no matter how deep the depth chart is. Brandon Warren could be used either at DE or TE. And competition breeds improvement!!! We should take em both no questions asked.

p.s. I dont see why there's any question about Mallet from the physical tale of the tape to his in game action this year there is no question of his ability... plus with a redshirt this season he would have plenty opportunity to play:salute:

1.This forum is absolutely killing me.... Did anyone see Mallet play this season... when Henne was playing like crap to start the year Mallet came in and helped get his team on track to beat....hmmmm...FLORIDA!!!! And if you guys haven't noticed Florida beat the absolute stuffing out of us...

2. Also lets take something Florida do well and use it to our advantage: they give the best atheletes they can find scholarships and use their strengths to contribute to the team no matter how deep the depth chart is. Brandon Warren could be used either at DE or TE. And competition breeds improvement!!! We should take em both no questions asked.

p.s. I dont see why there's any question about Mallet from the physical tale of the tape to his in game action this year there is no question of his ability... plus with a redshirt this season he would have plenty opportunity to play:salute:

Henne beat Fla. Also, Mallett didn't come in because Henne was sucking, Henne was injured for 2 games I think. Not saying he isn't good, just get your stuff right. As for Brandon Warren, he was a 5 star DE when he signed w/ FSU and he played TE when he was there. I'm sure he could play either. Welcome to the board.:hi:

It's based on post count and length of membership at one time or another. It's not based on supposed knowledge or anything like that. That said, I can't say I've every heard someone suggest moving a highly touted qb to defensive line. Vols4life may need to rethink that one. :)

I do some of my best thinking when I have been drinking all day :yes:

sorry, freak , what i gotta do to get on your good side? I've been posting with the new guy all day...jest messin with him...sorry.

VN Store

Back